Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What to do? Give back to breeder or keep?

K

Kronos

The breeder null and voided the health guarantee because of the involuntary change of ownership and didn't want Shiro back because of lukemia... She released me from the contract. Talked with Bob and seems like he never disinfected his apartment after his F2 passed.

It's always a good idea to quarantine a new cat until all tests has been performed.. My quarantine room only consists of a few toys, bed, litter box, and dishes.. This way cleanup is easy. Once she has healed up, I have already found a permanent home for her. The older lady across the street has agreed to be her new mommy. She has 15 yrs old domestic shorthair, and I'm its godfather anyways.. Shiro will be happy there.. I can keep an eye on her.. I already take her cat to the vet, so another one won't hurt. She knows of SHiro's condition and said her cat lived a long, meaningfull life already. Lukemia will be the least of his worries.

I really hate giving away pets, but I have to think of Kronos and his health.. He's my buddy.

I would have done the same thing. There is no way I would want to put my own pets at risk, no matter how wonderful the newcomer is. You are a fantastic pet owner!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I think you have made the right decision, both for Kronos and Shiro...I think it was wonderful that you took her on, not knowing her illness, but willing to do the best for her anyway...:)