1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Why is it...

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Trish Allearz, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Okay, so I've always been led to wonder this about my cats- not just the Savannahs- but why do they work so hard to make a fool out of me?

For example- I will tell people that Simon, our F1, may be standoffish- and then he'll be the biggest lovebug ever to the people I'm talking to!

Or I might say that a certain kitten isn't as outgoing as another- then THAT kitten that I just said wasn't outgoing- will be the most outgoing when the family visits!

I think they enjoy making me look silly! What else could explain their contrary behavior? :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Patti

Patti Admin Staff Member

Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean! Cats seem to be able to read our minds, and then go out of their way to do just the opposite of what we expect!!

3. Gadzukz

Gadzukz Savannah Child

Not just cats! When we had horses, we had a standing rule~ Never tell the vet/farrier your horse was well behaved! As soon as you utter the words "Look how nice he is standing" is when all hell was sure to break loose!:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  4. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

From their perspective, they're not working hard at all. Nope, nary a whisker gets out of place while making fools of us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Mine have taught me very well how to play fetch. They had fun retrieving toys for about 2 minutes and then decided it was more fun to watch me run up and down the hall excitedly chattering "come one, get the ball, oooooh looky there goes ball, get it, go on, get it."

• Like Like x 2
  6. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

LOl, Deborah! Zuri think that nighttime is the time to play and often wakes me at all hours to play fetch...she jumps on the bed or flies off the catwalk on to the bed with her little ball in her mouth. I throw it just to get some sleep. And then she sleeps all day, while I am exhausted. So who is the fool???

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

....or the one you think will just LOVE showing, is a total flake for the judges ;} My favorite is how cats always seem to know when visitors are just not "cat" people....and will hound that person; rubbing against their black pants, talking to them, jumping in their laps...lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lori Greer

Lori Greer Cahaba Cats

This is SO TRUE!! The one who doesn't care for or is "cat neutral" is the one they gravitate toward. LOL

9. Trish, you should know by now that they live for it. we are their entertainments and making us look like fools is sooo much fun for them LOL

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Yes-the exact opposite! That's what they like to do! LOL! It's not so bad when you say they'll be naughty and then they are nice, but when you tell someone how nice they are and THEN they are naughty... LOL.