1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Why Izzit?

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat - General Discussion' started by Deborah, Jan 18, 2012.

1. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

That they pick the long route for a walk when it's raining sideways and the wind is howling like a banshee? My neighbors were smiling and waving at me from the comfort of their warm and dry homes as I trudged along this morning with my very happy cat. Never ever fails -- bad weather, he wants to the walk the 2-mile route. And for those of you who are thinking "well dummkopf, why'd you take him out in the first place"; it was far more restful getting pelted in the face with icy rain than staying in the house when he is in full brat "I wanna go for a walk and I wanna go NOW" mode.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trish Allearz

Trish Allearz Moderator

Hahahahaha. I'm surprised he wanted to go out, but that's their own contrary nature! Meanwhile, you'd have to PUSH a dog out the doggy door!

3. Brigitte Cowell

Brigitte Cowell Moderator Staff Member

Mine love going out into the enclosure when it is raining... the only critters that stay inside are the two British ones...the beagle and the British Shorthair!LOL!....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pam Flachs

Pam Flachs Savannah Super Cat

Lol! Mine do, too...they even want out onto the cat porch when it's snowing and cold. The girls far outlast the boys when it's below 40 degrees...go figure!

5. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

so does this mean that I need to take Taj out even when it is 20 degrees? He high steps it when the grass is damp as it is. I have wondered how he would do in the cold, since he so much loves to walk outdoors...

6. WitchyWoman

WitchyWoman Admin Staff Member

Juba has been a fan of inclement weather since he was a baby. We rarely get snow but on the occasions when we do, he loves to play in it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Thanks Deborah! Taj so loves to be outside, but it is freezing here in Nj :( I may take him out on a warmer day...maybe when it is 40 and not 10 degrees.

8. Brigitte Cowell

I think you need to consider yourself too, if you'd hate being out there then don't go... but Taj likely will tell you when he wants to go home and has had enough! They're very good at communicating such things...

9. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

You are right, B..I bet he will hate walking on the cold grass...he is a bit prissy about his little feet. And I am prissy about the cold :)

10. Brigitte Cowell

I hate the cold! Being brought up in Australia means I am simply not bred for it, LOL!

The few times I have been in snowy climes with a Savannah in tow, I have found they are curious about the white stuff and less upset about the cold than I was! But not keen on long walks in it...so the cold definitely factored in there...