Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Worst news EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

Alice

I don't want to broadcast my issues over the group or anything, or appear to be fishing for sympathy, however I do have a couple questions about the grieving process....
Is there anyone who could/wouldn't mind pming me so I could ask a couple questions, maybe get some advice?
I would really appreciate it....

Arline

Savannah Super Cat
Alicia, I am so sorry about your Dad's passing so young! I hope you find the answers you need to bring you peace. My Dad died back in 74. You never get over it you just remember the good times and the wonderful person you got to know and share love with.
Peace and hugs to you and your family.

A

Alice

Thanks Alicia. It's been a very long time! My mom is still around. She's 93!
Glad you are feeling a little better today. One day at a time. Share stories with those that knew your Dad, it helps.
Wow 93 that's great!!!! That's how long my maternal grandpa lived...
I mostly internalize things and don't necessarily talk about them.... But you are probably right I should talk more with those who knew him. I am just trying hard to find things to be thankful for each day, regardless.
I suspect my Mom will live a very long time as well, longevity runs in my family, especially on her side. It appears my Dad was the exception to the rule...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hey Alice, I'm sorry I wasn't around last night...and I agree with what Arline stated.

My father died in 84 and my mother died last year on Mothers Day (both very young) - it is always difficult and each person reacts or deals with this differently. Have you thought about any type of grief counseling? It may help...

Thoughts and prayers for you...

Diane

Savannah Super Cat
I know how you feel Alice, I lost my dad in 1993 and my mom in 2003....I sure miss them....:(

wetcats

Savannah Super Cat
Alice, sending you a great big, warm Hug. Everybody is different in how they feel things, and i'm just catching up on the news of your Dad. So sorry. If it. helps l also lost my dad suddenly, and was the only one left to do it all. My mother is still living, but with dementia. So I learned 2 things, 1. to lean on the comfort complete strangers kindly offered, 2. to lean on the Lord. and, I kept telling myself, "this too, will pass". It has, and now I only think of the love,and the good memories. But, This all happened with the help the help of a real grief councilor, who helped me get rid of the guilt-that's a killer. So Alice dear, this is my suggestion for you, if it will help you to cope.
hugs and prayers

A

Alice

Thank you guys for the suggestions and support.... I have considered grief counseling but I don't want to think there is something wrong with me where I need counseling to cope :/ could be a pride thing, but I am used to handling whatever life keeps throwing at me, though admittedly this has thrown me for a loop. So I haven't been thinking much on it.
I may suck it up soon and talk to someone but I do feel like I should be able to get a grip. :(
Paige Diane and wetcats (sorry I don't know your real name!) I am so sorry to hear you have lost parents as well. It is a very hard thing, and I now understand things will never be the same and I truly empathize with your loss...
I am thankful my Mom is still here, I almost lost her 6 months ago when she was cleaning some windows with her new husband and they both fell 4 stories to the ground......

wetcats

Savannah Super Cat
Holy Smokes! That's quite a fall! Glad you still have her, Alicia. BTW, real name is Julia, ya all. and of course, everybody has to take their own path Alicia. You know kiddo, you do sound fiercely independent-also like me, and that's why I had a real struggle too. Just know we all have your best interests at heart.