Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Would you take this as a warning sign.......?

ChrisK2793

Savannah Adult
The responses you received are all from breeders. I am not a breeder but an owner and I fully agree with their opinions.

I look forward to seeing pictures of your new furbabies (hint hint)! :)

Here are pictures of Zeus taken last week when he was 2 weeks old. We're getting him the first week of August when he's 16 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_1561.JPG
    IMG_1561.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1562.JPG
    IMG_1562.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 10

ChrisK2793

Savannah Adult
I asked the breeder about the wording of the contract ..... her reply is quoted below and made me feel much better:

"Good morning Chris,

FIP is so incredibly rare and doesn’t happen very often at all. Usually when a coronavirus mutates into FIP it is when the cat is young, under 2 years old.
Because it usually happens when the cat is so young, I felt it necessary to give my buyers the peace of mind that I will offer a replacement in the unfortunate event that their kitten is diagnosed with FIP.
I haven’t had any cats diagnosed with FIP and hopefully never will, but my buyers are protected just in case."

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I forgot to ask if there was coverage for diseases that actually are of interest in our breed AND are testable, PK Deficiency and PRA. Good breeders are now testing their breeding cats for these diseases so that kittens are known to be negative. I would consider this more important than Coronavirus...

ChrisK2793

Savannah Adult
I forgot to ask if there was coverage for diseases that actually are of interest in our breed AND are testable, PK Deficiency and PRA. Good breeders are now testing their breeding cats for these diseases so that kittens are known to be negative. I would consider this more important than Coronavirus...

The contract for Atlas (maybe Apollo) says 2 years guarantee for anything congetital/genetic and the one for Zeus gives 1 year for the same.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
The contract for Atlas (maybe Apollo) says 2 years guarantee for anything congetital/genetic and the one for Zeus gives 1 year for the same.

Yes, but are the parents tested already for PK Def and PRA? By having negative parents then the kitten buyers don't have to pay for unnecessary testing, or find out too late the kitten is affected... just thought the contract might mention that the parents were tested negative.

ChrisK2793

Savannah Adult
Yes, but are the parents tested already for PK Def and PRA? By having negative parents then the kitten buyers don't have to pay for unnecessary testing, or find out too late the kitten is affected... just thought the contract might mention that the parents were tested negative.

Neither breeder specifically mentions those things in the contract or on their website. I'll have to ask them about it. If not I'll have them tested.