1. Welcome to SavannahCatChat.com!

The Savannah Cat Chat Community is a one-stop place for you to meet new people and share your love of Savannahs with like minded individuals, as well as a place to find answers to all of your Savannah questions. Register to post, ask questions and become involved with our awesome Savannah cat breed.

Once you sign up, you will need to be approved before you can post. Usually this is a quick process.

Already a member? Login Here!

Young cat food

Discussion in 'Savannah Cat Diet/Raw Food Diet' started by MK Anderson, Aug 7, 2012.

1. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dantes

Dantes Guest

IDK, this sounds fishy to me:

Found only in Young Again foods, Rejuvené is a naturally-derived compound that contains molecules that, when joined together, make up the structural units of RNA and DNA. These fundamental cellular building blocks have the ability to become any type of cell the body needs and can be stockpiled by the body, then sent to repair and build new cells where they are needed most. For example, in the event of illness, they can rapidly be used to make new white blood cells and other disease killers, or help repair damaged organs and tissue.

Rejuvene search leads to this: http://www.rejuvene.net/

when it sounds too good to be true... :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Yeah, that's what I thought as well...I am trying a food called Holistic Select, which Zuri like so far - she is one picky girl...

4. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

I havent gotten that far yet, thanks :) know I dont have to read it! lol

5. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

raw will always be my choice :) nice to have a good kibble tho.

6. Dantes

Dantes Guest

I'm beginning to think that "good kibble" is just not possible and the terms are completely contradictory. I love the idea of food that is convenient, but even for feeding humans anything that is that convenient just isn't healthy. Then again I'm one of those people at Safeway that doesn't shop in the middle aisles, I'm either getting fruits & veggies or meats (ok, and the occasional wine ;) ) so why wouldn't I do the same for my kitlings? It's a PITA, but at least I know what's in the food.

I've been feeding Dante Weruva canned food and I'm even beginning to suspect that. :-/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dantes

Dantes Guest

I just checked this out online, so far it looks pretty good, I didn't notice any warning signs, plus they sell the 13oz cans, and it's much cheaper than Weruva...although I'm still wary, I will put it past the kits to test.

Edit: too good to be true, of course, contains carrageenan. :-/

8. admin

admin Paige Staff Member

Well, nothing is perfect...and Zuri loves it, so...she gets ground raw quail and some canned food...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Medesha

Medesha Savannah Super Cat

Could be worse, and that's the price!

I could buy 50 pounds of raw ground from Hare Today for less than that 25# bag of the Zero Carb food!

• Like Like x 1
  10. MK Anderson

MK Anderson Guest

I know right! I can make it A LOT CHEAPER!

• Like Like x 1