Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 month old

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Dr. Per,
How common is it for mom to lay on A baby? Eddie was almost a month old when Breeder reported his death; she's offered an f5 in place of the f4 both males but is allowing breeding rights on the new kitten, born the week of Christmas. I can't even think about another kitten yet.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I am so, so sorry to hear that! How heartbreaking for both you and the breeder. RIP Eddie

Patti

Admin
Staff member
It is not common in my experience, especially at that age. I have seen a mom kill a kitten before - just as freaky but I can only guess that there was something wrong with it that was not obvious to me. I'm so sorry about your baby, I hope you will be able to find another perfect kitten to pull at your heartstrings...

cbain

Site Supporter
I am very sorry to hear this, the Savannah cat breeders on this forum know a lot more than I know about this breed and maybe they can help you find a SV kitten, sorry for your cat , nice lookin kitten

KMcgown

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your kitten. I agree with Patti, I do not think it is very common and most likely there was another cause of death.

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
I am very sorry to hear this, the Savannah cat breeders on this forum know a lot more than I know about this breed and maybe they can help you find a SV kitten, sorry for your cat , nice lookin kitten
The breeder let us pick from the newest litter - we picked boy #2. Thanks. His name is Eddie II; he will inherit LOTS of toys...leashes n harnesses, etc, and a family ready to cherish him too.

Last edited:

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Please note from Kelli:"The kitten (Eddie I) was actually 2 weeks and 2 days old (12/12/13),when he was laid upon by his mother. Still easily small enough to be laid upon by a large mother. I have large queens in my breeding program, and this young mother was unfortunately not as cautious as other experienced mothers are". Kelli he didn't remember the date; I took it from "Turkey" day to xmas day.
I have never met a breeder that has worked with a family as much as Kelli has worked with us.
We have been a bit of a nuisance to her in that the kitten was requested & paid for by my son as a gift for me and although Kelli informed him of the kittens death he insisted he would tell me so I was told late...www.wildtafari.com, has been more than tolerant of us!
I apologize if anything I have posted has offended anyone; I am not a breeder. I do not believe in buying pets from any less than an experienced breeder & although they prefer to remain anonymous www.wildtafari.com was referred by friends who have previously bought kittens from her. This forum was also recommended by them.
Thank you all for your heartwarming sympathies-my family & I appreciate knowing you are here!