Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

2 kittens, separate or keep together

I am bringing home two new kittens next weekend. One is a Savannah and the other is Savannah/Bengal. Should I keep them together to begin with or separate them for a little while so that they bond with my kids vs each other? I have heard advice for each.

Kanadian

Savannah Super Cat
I'd say definitely separate if they aren't from the same litter but if they're from the same breeder maybe that's a different story

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Health issues aside, you will be most succssful at having them bond to the humans if they are separated from each her for at least a couple of weeks.

naranek

Savannah Child
FWIW My two were littermates and kept together in quarantine and they seem to have turned out ok. I guess it depends on how they get on - if you try to separate my two they will bawl and bawl and bawl until you relent.
There again, they knew each other pretty well and one of my priorities was having the cats get on with each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Popp

Site Supporter
I would still keep them apart for a bit so for the first two weeks they have more interaction with humans than with each other. The bond they have with each other is certainly going to be pretty strong, and without separating them a bit from one another it could see one of them completely checking out with human interaction.