Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

A good day of Play and Rest

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Today while on the computer working I turned around to find that my cup of Tea was being invaded...
TeaCup.JPG
All I need is a Savannah on Caffeine. Since this is not good for her, I got her away from it immediately.

Today Jake seemed to feel much better and they played a lot... Also, Elsa spent a fair amount of time playing with her toys...
elsa-020914-18_std.jpg
It is quite fun watching her play, and even cuter to watch her sleep... While watching TV, she fell asleep between my legs.

I posted more images on her website..

Rafiki

Site Supporter
He he. Rafiki has a thing for coffee. We have learned that coffee must be carried at all times and never be set down! The absolute last thing a Savannah needs is caffeine!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Savannahs appear to be drawn to cups and glasses, regardless of what's in them. One of their favorite pastimes seems to be knocking glasses/cups over just to see what happens...

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Savannahs appear to be drawn to cups and glasses, regardless of what's in them. One of their favorite pastimes seems to be knocking glasses/cups over just to see what happens...

She has been wanting to get into my water glass, but everytime she does, I take her back to her water... When I do she does drink water, so I am not sure if she just wants in the glass, thristy, or both... My water glass that I keep by my bed is very heavy bottom... She is to small to knock it over... At least for the moment anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
My water glass that I keep by my bed is very heavy bottom... She is to small to knock it over... At least for the moment anyway :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:
LOL, glad you qualified that statement... if she's already showing interest, it won't be long now... ;)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
An update... As always I check on her before going to bed to make sure she is settled in... Tonight however and for the first time ever, she had taken almost all of her paper towels and put them into her water dish... Of course at that point, the paper towels now act like a wick and emptied her water dish on the floor... Not sure what possessed her to pull this little stunt.. But she did... Was an easy cleanup and the water was all contained... No Damage done... but at the same time she shows no signs of Guilt.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Nothing to feel guilty about, it was a new game for her to play. No doubt she will soon be dunking her toys into her water bowl as well, and if you're 'lucky' will then drop them on you as you sleep... :p

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
An update... As always I check on her before going to bed to make sure she is settled in... Tonight however and for the first time ever, she had taken almost all of her paper towels and put them into her water dish... Of course at that point, the paper towels now act like a wick and emptied her water dish on the floor... Not sure what possessed her to pull this little stunt.. But she did... Was an easy cleanup and the water was all contained... No Damage done... but at the same time she shows no signs of Guilt.

Savandalism begins even when they are very young. ;)

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
As a public service message... Training your kitten all day long to have the stamina to play hard all day... will come back to haunt you! They are already high energy and into everything as it is.:eek:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
As a public service message... Training your kitten all day long to have the stamina to play hard all day... will come back to haunt you! They are already high energy and into everything as it is.:eek:

Oh no.. Training her to rest as well... And she is doing a good job of it... I fell asleep on the couch yesterday afternoon and when I woke up...
Resize of DSC_0045.JPG

and today the same, except she found somewhere new..
Resize of DSC_0049.JPG
I accidentally woke her up with the flash because the camera was not setup right...