Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abbas lost his mother

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Hi everyone,
Me and m’y girlfried, we are not togetther anymore and Abbas feel very bad. He cry, he hide behind my dresser etc.

Does it normal ? What i can do ?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
This is very normal. Sad, but normal. Cats do not like change. Savannah cats like it even less. You will need to engage him more to fill the void. Was there a particular time that she would interact with him? If so, fill that time with play and pets and cuddles. Basically, you have to provide all the attention that he used to receive from 2 people. And even then.....things changed. He will need to adjust.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Rafiki pretty much said it, though I'll add this: if he was bonded to her particularly then it will likely take some extra time for him to bounce back.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Also, be aware that cats really absorb our emotions too. I am sure you are upset over the relationship breakup and the cats tend to feel our grief and hurt...

I'm very sorry, I hope you and Abbas both feel more cheerful soon.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear that I agree with what everyone has said...poor Abbas! He has a rough start...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Abbas got new friend
Try to upload file :( not working
You cannot load the video onto this site directly. You have to host it somewhere else (like Facebook, Youtube, etc.) and place the link here. Looking forward to seeing his new friend!

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Ah ok.
How i can introduce a small dog to Abbas ? My new friend has a jack russel cross chiyaha.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I would play it by ear and see how they do. Definitely start with Abbas in a crate and the dog either crated or leashed as well and introduce them that way for short periods. If Abbas is trained on the leash you could try that instead of a crate, but have a crate available in case he needs/wants to retreat. Either's home will be their territory so the may be more protective, although finding neutral territory to introduce them may be stressful for Abbas as well. Jack Russell's can be very active so ideally they should make good companions for each other, but you will have to see how they hit it off, and just be patient and give them time to get to know each other.