Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Acclimating SV in a loft

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
Hello everyone,

I read the PDF on how to acclimate our kitten, but my appartement for the moment is à loft so i can't put the kitten lonely.

I have another cat, 3 years old. I also move to another appartement bigger in july.

So in à loft how i can acclimate him without any stress ?

He is à F4 SBT.

Thank

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure I have an answer for you. Don't you have a bathroom with a door on it that you can keep the new kitten in until he acclimates to his new home? I'm afraid of what is going to happen if you just throw him in with your other cat without proper 'introductions'.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
@Rafiki: yes all is big room like à L

Bedroom, TV room and kitchen same room. Only bathroom is another pièce but the litter box of my other cat is here.

I have à little pièce 3 ft x 8 ft where i store my over stock. I can put him there with the litter box. But it not too small for him ?

I will get him at 3,5 months.

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
3x8 is small but doable. Are there shelves in there, or can you put a cat tree in there? Vertical space is more important than horizontal space to cats.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
I can built something with Wood, carpet, stuffing (padding), and tact. the kitten will have softclaw.

Is it ok ?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Sure, even putting up staggered shelves on a wall would be good. If there isn't a window in the room you might consider getting a full spectrum light bulb for whatever fixture is in there, it will be more natural (and healthier) lighting.

Xenaph

Savannah Super Cat
I have à light on the roof.

Thank for advice.

He will stay how long in this small pièce ?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
He should stay for two weeks or as long as it takes for him to bond to you and react positively to the scent and noises of your other cat.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
You might alternatively just accept that the litterbox for your other cat will have to be moved into your open space while the kitten has the bathroom? Not ideal perhaps, but possible...