Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Adding a new Savannah cat

Lizerd619

Savannah Kitten
Hello, I have an f1 male (rocket)and I have recently started working long hours, I was wondering if adding a new cat or kitten (Savannah of course) to our household would be a good idea? Rocket is now 4 he’s never been around another cat so I’m not sure if he’s aggressive, but we have had other cats in the past and know the procedure on bringing a new cat into a household. Just never a Savannah. We’re not sure if it’s a good idea, but we hope that he might have a new playmate. Which would be better in theory a female his age or a kitten?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
introducing a new feline into the home is the same process whether it is a Savannah or a moggy. In general it is easier to bring in a kitten rather than an adult since there are no territorial issues with a kitten. My only concern is the size of your f1 boy, who might be a bit overwhelming and overly boisterous with a kitten, so would look for something on the larger size, e.g., an early generation (F1, F2) Savannah, Maine Coon, or Pixiebob. As long as you plan to alter the newcomer (and am presuming your boy is already neutered) it shouldn't really matter if you get a boy or a girl, however if you get a girl, you might find that she will eventually be the boss over your boy, even if he is twice her size!

Hello, I have an f1 male (rocket)and I have recently started working long hours, I was wondering if adding a new cat or kitten (Savannah of course) to our household would be a good idea? Rocket is now 4 he’s never been around another cat so I’m not sure if he’s aggressive, but we have had other cats in the past and know the procedure on bringing a new cat into a household. Just never a Savannah. We’re not sure if it’s a good idea, but we hope that he might have a new playmate. Which would be better in theory a female his age or a kitten?

Just wondering if you ended up with an additional cat? I have two 4 year old f7 Savannah sisters and am considering adding a female F2 kitten to the family. My two get along so well, I am hoping adding a new friend doesn’t cause any issues. Please keep me posted if you ended up adding another member to your kitty household. Thanks!

Lizerd619

Savannah Kitten

Just wondering if you ended up with an additional cat? I have two 4 year old f7 Savannah sisters and am considering adding a female F2 kitten to the family. My two get along so well, I am hoping adding a new friend doesn’t cause any issues. Please keep me posted if you ended up adding another member to your kitty household. Thanks!
Yes I did!! I ended up adding an f3 male kitten Duma) to my family. Honestly the clicked right away! We took the proper procedures fist with separating them then swapping toys feeding them next to the doors . They are best friends now and I really happy I added another cat! IMG_3001.jpg

Yes I did!! I ended up adding an f3 male kitten Duma) to my family. Honestly the clicked right away! We took the proper procedures fist with separating them then swapping toys feeding them next to the doors . They are best friends now and I really happy I added another cat! View attachment 27304

Thank you so much for the update! My girls are inseparable so I have a little anxiety about adding another. I’m so glad it worked out well for you and them!