Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Another

L

Louie'sDad

Louie is now 18 months old. Would a male or female addition F1 pose a lesser strain on him and me.
Thank you.
Joe

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I don't think it would really matter when it is just the two cats... maybe it is more which F1 kitten ends up appealing to you?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Can we please see an updated photo of Louie to help us decide? OK, it is really not needed for that but I am dying to see what lil Louie looks like as a big boy!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Just remember that some people have stated that females can be a bit more aloof and independent than males, regardless of generation.

Sue Armstrong

Site Supporter
I know quite a few people that have 2 even 3 F1 males all together with no issues at all. When they are fixed I don't think they even care what gender their roommates are! LOL

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
My experience with domestics was that Neutered males were very easy to introduce and bond. Girls...not so much. But that was domestics. Not sure about SVs but I would think they are not too different.

L

Louie'sDad

Thanks. I remember hearing about males being more dependent and also referred to as "mushes". Louie definitely has those attributes. I'm glad that your responses support my desire to get another male.
Here are some pictures that were taken in January and February:

IMG_0035.JPG IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0024.JPG IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: