Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

ALLERCA.COM SCAM | ALLERCA | SIMON BRODIE

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
I was watching tv, a program exposing scams called 'the lookout'. The website below says it has produced allergy free cats. Alot of what they sell look like Savannah's. Anyway this guy buys cats from breeders in USA and UK and resells them. the TV show did get ahold of some of his clients and tested the cats that were claimed hypoallergenic and of course they aren't. People are paying min. $6500 for one of these cats. They did track this guy down in England. They bought a kitten and found breeder in UK who sold this kitten to the owner of the site, he said he was buying the kitten for his mom. His web is below.
Www.allerca.com

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I may be wrong, but I believe this scam is run by the same person...Simon Brody...who was involved in the infamous Ashera scam a few years back......the company name for both cats; Lifestyle Pets.... is the same.

For those who have not heard of an Ashera, you can google it and find out the sordid story behind that scam.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I may be wrong, but I believe this scam is run by the same person...Simon Brody...who was involved in the infamous Ashera scam a few years back......the company name for both cats; Lifestyle Pets.... is the same.

For those who have not heard of an Ashera, you can google it and find out the sordid story behind that scam.

Pam, you are correct!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Yes, it was Simon Brody...and there WERE supposed to be Savannah cats in that episode....MY cats! But they edited the story down and lost the Savannah theme. The kittens sold were Savannahs, and they even went to the extent of allergy testing my cats (Baz, Bobo and Missy) to show that they were low in allergenicity compared to DSHs from shelters and even the cats sold as Allercas... and the cattery from which those Allerca kittens that looked like Savannahs was also known but that got edited from the story too... sigh...

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
Yes Simon Brody, but he also used a different last name when they caught him in the UK. The cats they were clipping hair off of did look like SV. Really nice ones.

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat

Looked it up, this is nuts! Same story and mentions cattery names. I found it on Wikipedia ! Simon Cadarran is the other name he went by.

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
I also saw the show. The kitten that was called Dollar Bills at the end was advertised as a Bengal that he bought the day before he sold it to ABC, Bought for under $200.00 and sold for $7000. I recognized his name at the very beginning and did see a few Savannahs at the beginning. Sue

admin

Paige
Staff member
What channel was it on and what time? Did they have savannah kittens in it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2