Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

An Exciting Day.. Elsa Stayed Busy

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Last night (after bedtime) Elsa had an exciting night... She thinks she got away with it...
IPCAM.jpg
Today all went VERY quite with Elsa... She was not around Jake.. I called her and she did not come... Got up expecting to find the worst...

DSC_0019.JPG
She was laying purrfectly calm and reseting on my computer chair... I think she wants to steel it, but that is not going to happen...
This evening she found a new place to relax out of the way... Laying on a Cinderblock that supports my TV
DSC_0020.JPG
She also got her first box today... and really (forgive the pun), Got into it...
DSC_0021.JPG DSC_0021.JPG
No words are necessary here...
Elsa and Jake played hard today and had a great time... They are really getting along great.
DSC_0030.JPG DSC_0031.JPG DSC_0033.JPG

This may look like fighting, but they are both having a great time.

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 21

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
What IS it she is getting into, in that first pic?

She is supposed to be in bed.... But she decided to take a scenic tour through her room... In this pic she was discovering the counter top... She still cannot jump that high yet, but she has figured a series of jumps to get her there... That was about 2AM in the morning. She normally sleeps most of the night (based on video). When I went to her room she just looked at me... I picked her up, laid her in her bed and she pretty much slept the rest of the night...

last night she knocked over one of the cameras... (didn't hurt it).. She is getting more and more out going everyday... I am now letting her roam more of the house on her own... Yesterday for the first time she came looking for me and stopped half way down the steps and just started crying... Just as soon as she saw me, she ran down the rest of the stairs.... As many pictures as I get, I still miss a lot of photo ops. I try to keep my camera's close.

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
Wait til she discovers she can jump high...you are in for some fun then. Also, be happy you don't have another cat...my domestic short hair, Mischief, watches her jump, tries to imitate her and then he falls. (That's quite funny, actually). Finally, the one thing I've discovered about (or two) Savannahs is that you don't own them, they own you and even when they're quiet, there's always something going on inside their head. It's as if they're constantly plotting their next move.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Wait til she discovers she can jump high...you are in for some fun then. Also, be happy you don't have another cat...my domestic short hair, Mischief, watches her jump, tries to imitate her and then he falls. (That's quite funny, actually). Finally, the one thing I've discovered about (or two) Savannahs is that you don't own them, they own you and even when they're quiet, there's always something going on inside their head. It's as if they're constantly plotting their next move.

LOL, Talk about trying to Jump... I swear I do not know why she does not have 4 broken legs, fractured ribs, and a concussion... She will take off running anywhere, right off the edge and keep going... Yesterday she jumped off the top of her new cat tree, hit me with her head, and fell flat on her side to the ground... When she was programmed, someone forgot to install the "Fear" subroutine... She has hit the ground hard several times, and I have actually caught her in the air several times... Her paws are so small and her body appears so frail I have been scared she is going to hurt her self... When she hits the ground, If I do not snag her a fast enough, she is off running into something else...

It is almost unbelievable to watch her, but she for the most parts have 2 speeds... STOP and FAST FORWARD. She rarely walks at a normal speed. When you feed her... LOL, before you are setting the bowl down she is trying to pull it down faster with her paw... and she eats ALL of her food all the time... She is right up against the max weight that the vet wants her to gain, so I am afraid to increase her rations.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't understand, why would your vet want to limit her weight gain? Does he think she is overweight?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
No.. not fat. But I asked the vet what would be a good weight gain with out over doing it an he said 1/2 lb per week would be good and that is about what she is gaining per week now. She is now 3 lbs 1.2 ounces on a spot check tonight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
She is F2, right? And just about 3 months old? Sounds like she has some catching up to do - I would consider that weight the minimum normal weight for a 3 month old, that is usually what I expect my later generation kittens to gain (1lb/mo).

I am not trying to advise you, just sharing my thoughts - I would personally never limit a kitten's caloric intake unless they were actually starting to look fat. I am much more concerned about the effects of malnutrition on a growing kitten then a bit of baby fat... JMHO....