Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

An interesting poop observation...

A

adamcrssmn

Minou went to her new forever home last week and we recently discovered something interesting about her and her brother, Tardis (my wife grew REALLY attached to him when we were recovering from our car accident, which is why we kept him instead of Minou, in case anyone was wondering). Tardis doesn't bury his poop, which, in hindsight, I kind of already knew... What I didn't realize was that Minou was apparently going in behind him and burying it for him... Her departure has not gone unnoticed by our noses...

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
One of my boys advertizes his territory that way and the other two are diligent about covering their own poop and Maliik's. The other two are way too diligent about covering poop -- they fling litter over the tops of deep sterilite containers in their zeal to conceal their presence from predators; hence my love affair with my vacuum.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I have some that vary on a day to day basis...especially Baz who regularly leaves his poop uncovered, but sometimes goes beserk flinging litter all over the place. Generally that is when he wants attention though, so not sure it has anything to do with the litterbox and more to do with his need for my attention...

Most of mine don't cover. Most of mine try to limit any contact with litter, I saw Missy the other day walking across three boxes on their edges...

A

adamcrssmn

I have some that vary on a day to day basis...especially Baz who regularly leaves his poop uncovered, but sometimes goes beserk flinging litter all over the place. Generally that is when he wants attention though, so not sure it has anything to do with the litterbox and more to do with his need for my attention...

Most of mine don't cover. Most of mine try to limit any contact with litter, I saw Missy the other day walking across three boxes on their edges...
Haha! I've witnessed Minou perched ever-so-precariously on the edge of the litterbox, "taking care of business"...

Tarah

Mace's Mama
Like this? We've always had to be careful to have larger boxes with enough litter weight in them to counterbalance the kitties...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious!!!! I wonder if the kitties that do their business like that could be toilet trained pretty easily? Ever try?

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Mine do that for both poop and pee, Deborah! Most of mine just don't like touching the litter...

Tarah, we did have two almost completely toilet-trained when we added another one that thought an open toilet bowl was a wading pool and we'd have water splashed all over the bathroom... so the toilet lids have to remain down in our home :-(

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Mine put their back feet in and stand up with their front paws on the sides. Except for Razi. He gets all the way in and takes up the entire 66 quart box.