Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An interesting Toy (for Savannah)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member

s&jdavis

Savannah Super Cat
I have one (but not enough pieces to connect) and Zubi loves it! There's a video of him playing with it somewhere on here...

KMcgown

Site Supporter
We had it (the original) and none of the cats played with it..the ball got stuck quite a bit. Maybe we had a defective one. Only toy they never played with.

admin

Paige
Staff member
We had it (the original) and none of the cats played with it..the ball got stuck quite a bit. Maybe we had a defective one. Only toy they never played with.

Same for me...although my kittens played for it for a little while...

D

Dantes

I got it for one of the boys' birthdays...that weekend i was downstairs cooking when earthquake sounds started--it was Desi and Duma throwing the ball around! charging it too. Will try to remember to post vids when i get home. missin da boyz :(

btw i got 2 or 3 boxes of strait track and only 1 of the hills, they have a hard time getting it over the hills, even though they dont look very high.

KMcgown

Site Supporter
That is where it got stuck...I would love to see the video. Maybe give it a second try :) My babies can't be without a toy!

D

Dantes

Here are two different toys that seem to be hits around here. The puzzle toy, well it comes with a ball but they don't use it. I keep this one near the kitchen and occasionally sprinkle some treats in there, they love it! Somewhere I have more videos of the speed circuit, but this was the first I found. It lives upstairs in my office, sometimes they get so nuts it sounds like thunder downstairs. In this case I think I heard them from downstairs and tried to sneak up on them playing, but of course they stopped the second I got there lol (note: videos may still be uploading)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Here are two different toys that seem to be hits around here. The puzzle toy, well it comes with a ball but they don't use it. I keep this one near the kitchen and occasionally sprinkle some treats in there, they love it! Somewhere I have more videos of the speed circuit, but this was the first I found. It lives upstairs in my office, sometimes they get so nuts it sounds like thunder downstairs. In this case I think I heard them from downstairs and tried to sneak up on them playing, but of course they stopped the second I got there lol (note: videos may still be uploading)

You make mention of when you show up with the camera it stops... Something to keep in mind is GOPRO cameras (Hero 2 and Hero 3 being the best) that you can set a couple of them up at different angles and you do not even need to be around them to get your show. Mix them together at at later time and you have a very high quality video with very little work.

The GOPRO cameras are used by professionals in the industry mounted to different parts of planes including the belly of the a/c, on Remote Control a/c, skydivers, skiers, rollerskating/surfboards.. Literally everything and in its supplied case even works under water. Not even a Savannah can tear these suckers off. I crashed on of my RC planes (lost control, straight down nose dive, The plane splintered. The camera did not miss a beat, even after bouncing and rolling 15 feet in the air and still works good today. Best of all... They are cheap. Depending on the model you get, less than 200 bucks and then add a 32 GB SD card and you are good to go. I have 2 of them and getting a 3rd.

D

Dantes

Wow cool idea! Thanks John. I have a friend that rides around on a unicycle with a camera on his head, I wonder if it's something like this....and it wouldn't hurt to have a bit of a surveillance system around the house...will definitely think about it.

Yeah, they're always up to something, if you watch the beginning of the video I'm trying to sneak up on them from the stairs and they hear the stair creak and look up at me like, "Party's over!" lol