Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Animal Communication

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I've posted on here before that I am an animal communicator, which is exactly as it sounds...I talk to animals. This is something I learned to do because I love love love animals, and what better way to learn about them than asking them the questions? They have a lot of insight (even Zeddie, who gives me attitude 99% of the time).

I've decided to branch out and start doing this as a business, so if anyone would like any questions answered please feel free to inbox me. Just send me a picture of your pet, name and any questions you may have.

Animal communication is a great way to ask your pet questions that are difficult to get elsewhere. They may have a pain you don't know about, not like their food, etc.. I will also ask questions that you know the answer to and I do not, to make sure I have the right pet.

I am also able to talk to pets that have passed on, which is an amazing experience. My border collie passed away a few years ago and I have always carried a lot of guilt over various parts of her life. I talked to her and it was an amazing release.

This is not an exact science as the answers are in the animal's point of view, but I am constantly being surprised by them.

If you have any questions about animal communication at all, please feel free to ask.

D

Dantes

I've been to three animal communicators, but Dante is still a problem. It started out as him peeing on my bed, and now he pees on me (usually 2 or 3am). Apparently he wants to be an outdoor cat, not to mention the ONLY cat (he dominates the other two), and pees in protest, but he is a Ragdoll and not mentally or physically equipped to be an outdoor cat. It is only a matter of time before he is hurt, if not by another animal, then a car, or getting stuck somewhere, drinking antifreeze or rat poison, or picked up by someone who does him harm.

I spent several weeks letting him be sort of an outdoor cat, and one night he wanted out soooo badly but I didn't want him to go out, so he resumed peeing on me. Keep in mind that there is *nothing* physically wrong with this cat, I've spent thousands on tests and been to 3 different vets, 3 different communicators (including in person).

I've told him in no uncertain terms that the next time he pees on me, he is up for adoption. The last time he peed on me I actually contacted Purebreds Plus but then chickened out. I mean, who wants a cat that pees on you? Maybe it would stop if he were an only cat, but what if it didn't?

Besides the peeing on me which has destroyed my mattress and ruined my sleep too many times to mention, I really feel like my other two suffer because of him either because I'm worried about him or he's dominating them. It's so not fair, Duma needs more love and attention, he would tell you that, I can see it in his eyes.

Well, if you think you can communicate with him and get him to stop the nonsense, then you'd have a business for sure.

DSC01089.JPG
P1010657.JPG 20120128_210516.jpg

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Hah! Dantes has some 'tude lol! I told him I was an animal communicator and he said "I can tell". He says he is peeing because he wants control. It isn't the other cats, they listen to him so he is fine with them. He said a big part of it is that he wants to go outside. I asked him if he understood why he isn't allowed out and he said no so I explained everything that could happen. I asked what you could do to help him and he said he would like a cat seat by the window. He said he wants "time-out spot"...a spot where no one can bother him and he can go for quiet time. Maybe in a room on his own for awhile? Basically he is asking for a compromise. He says you are a great person and he loves you. He says he loves the time he spends with you.

D

Dantes

Haha, yes, he is all attitude in this silky blue coat, you could never tell from looking at him. There are several cat seats at the window sill, one attached to the window, and one that is a cage hanging out of the window (a cat "veranda"). He's got plenty of private spots too, including a tower that puts him at the top of the ceiling (he is the only one who uses it, the others use the regular cat tree). The only other thing I could possibly do is put him in the bathroom and close the door. I don't trust him where there are beds.

It's funny you say he is asking for a compromise, since all I've ever done is give him everything. If he loves me, he sure doesn't show it. I've never had a pet so ornery and cold and distant.

regular cat tree:
P1000995.JPG

P1010245.JPG
cat veranda (big enough for 30+lbs of cat lol)
P1010391.JPG

sofa by the picture window
P1010660.JPG

another cat seat by the double window
P1010644.JPG

Cat tower (Dante's tower)
P1010491.JPG

Not pictured: Duma's tower, and the seat attached to the window

PS. Looking at this you'd think I live in a big house instead of a little condo!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Wow! Lucky, lucky kitties! I was getting the idea of looking out the window, and he said it would be good enough. I tried to explain that you can't live like that. I would try giving him time-outs in the bathroom. I asked him about having all that space and he says the other cats can reach it. I explained that of course they can, he can't just have it all. He liked the idea of going in the bathroom.
I am getting my level 2 reiki, and can send some to him when I have it.
I don't know if you are familiar with Reiki, but it is a Japanese form of energy healing. It can be hands on or hands off. Level 1 is hands off and I can send it from here. It helps with problems we don't even know is there.

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Looking at the picture of Dante in the box it is obvious to me why he is upset. There's a hole in the box. Someone may have even put junk in the box. ;)

Regarding the peeing there are a bunch of possibilities and plenty of advice on these forums. Do you have any animal based covers, pillowtop matress filled with animal material, or down comforters? Do you have at least one more litter box than the number of cats? Was he there before the other cats and did he have other companion cats before them? Has he been fixed?

My rehomed Maine Coon, Dickens, never had a peeing problem, but he was more suited to being in a single cat home and by all accounts he is a much happier and outgoing cat now.

The only cat that has peed on me and my bed is Paz and his only reason was the down comforter. No repeat of that event after I ditched the comforter.

Are there other cats he can see outside that are not fixed and might be spraying close to your place?

D

Dantes

All valid points, Tort, but trust me, in the 2.75 years this has been going on, I've been through it all--yes, he's fixed, and he wasn't the first he's never been an only cat*, he was one of 6 in his litter. I gave up down comforter and pillows for him and he still does it. BRAT!

*He was an only cat for about 4 months. The story is that I went to DC (I live in CA) for work for 4 months and took him by himself with me. I thought that if I had him alone, I could work with him and he'd become friendlier. Well, he never got all that friendly, but that was the only 4 months that he didn't consistently pee on the bed, which is why my friend and I thought that maybe he wants to be an only cat. Her advice to me was that since he is young he can be more easily rehomed, and I really don't want to spend another 12+ years with a cat peeing on me. But I don't know if I can do it. I love the bugger, for some odd reason.

Oh, and the hole in the box...There's always 3 or more boxes around here, they all love to stuff themselves in the boxes. I'll have to post some more box pictures, some are pretty funny.

Kristin, I guess I've heard the word Reiki but don't really know what it is, I'll do some searching and get a bit more educated. Interestingly enough, I just came home from qigong and Dante was sitting near the carport waiting for me, and proceeded to love all over my legs. He is never, ever loving with me! So maybe you did get through to him a bit? Thanks :) Now if we can get rid of the chip on his shoulder.

Not really sure what to do about the bathroom. There's two, and they each have a sort of cat-pillow-that they can sit/hide in tunnel like thing (not sure if I described that right) because I do use the bathrooms for timeouts and wanted them to have someplace soft to sit in while in there. But I'd hate to lock him in there and forget that he's there and he'd end up in there all day with no way out!

If I keep adding cat stuff, there's gonna be no place for me :D Now that I see the pictures, I feel like the old cat lady!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I'm 22 with 2 cats and I am already the crazy cat lady...and I have 4 parrots haha so not sure how that happened :p
Maybe setting an alarm on your phone would work when putting Dantes in the bathroom? I know I would be worried about forgetting them too...although I don't think my cats would let me :p
Here is a link to some info about Reiki http://www.reiki.ca/faqs.htm
I got into all this just before I brought Zeddie home a little over a year ago. I had an animal communicator/reiki practitioner come to my house to talk to my cat, bunny, and birds. My African Grey was a normal baby, but after a year she became completely neurotic. The woman talked to her, and offered her some reiki, and I'm not kidding, the same day my Grey was out on top of her cage. She has done a completely 180 since then. She is way more social, wants to spend out time with me, and can spend hours up in my room with me.
Shortly after that my rabbit passed away. It was just awful! I was so sick to my stomach, and it wouldn't go away. I could barely work. I emailed the same lady asking for her to send me a bit of reiki and she told me to sit down, and that she would email me when she was done. As I sat, I could feel the release of the pain in my stomach. It was amazing!
Seeing how much both Reiki and Animal Communication helped me, I took courses so I can help myself and other people.

D

Dantes

Very interesting! Sorry to hear about your rabbit. I was that way after my Simba (DSH) died. I still don't understand why they can't live longer than us.

Unfortunately Dante was back to his normal self this morning. It was nice to have him be sweet for a little bit though. I used to put him in the bathroom for dinner ('cause Desi tends to scarf up everyone's food) I'm going to start doing that again.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I'm 22 with 2 cats and I am already the crazy cat lady...and I have 4 parrots haha so not sure how that happened :p
Maybe setting an alarm on your phone would work when putting Dantes in the bathroom? I know I would be worried about forgetting them too...although I don't think my cats would let me :p
Here is a link to some info about Reiki http://www.reiki.ca/faqs.htm
I got into all this just before I brought Zeddie home a little over a year ago. I had an animal communicator/reiki practitioner come to my house to talk to my cat, bunny, and birds. My African Grey was a normal baby, but after a year she became completely neurotic. The woman talked to her, and offered her some reiki, and I'm not kidding, the same day my Grey was out on top of her cage. She has done a completely 180 since then. She is way more social, wants to spend out time with me, and can spend hours up in my room with me.
Shortly after that my rabbit passed away. It was just awful! I was so sick to my stomach, and it wouldn't go away. I could barely work. I emailed the same lady asking for her to send me a bit of reiki and she told me to sit down, and that she would email me when she was done. As I sat, I could feel the release of the pain in my stomach. It was amazing!
Seeing how much both Reiki and Animal Communication helped me, I took courses so I can help myself and other people.

Kristin, you are amazing! I am so sorry to hear about your rabbit...glad you are on the forum with us and look forward to seeing some more communicating ;)