Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Another distemper?

Eddies

Eddies a ham!
Eddie had his shots, was weighed, & had a good vet report but the vet wants to give an extra distemper; The vet said he would feel better knowing Eddie is better protected; how many are normal & why should he get yet another one? As a nurse I know giving babies extra Flu shots won't increase the protection of the original set of shots/ Eddie has not missed his vaccination dates...

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
[quote="Eddies, post: 68426, member: 2144"I have a Saturday Night Special for the Spider! Around here they can get as big as a dinner plate! According to the University it's normal size for a wolf spider![/quote]
Ack. What is it with all the spider haters around here? There is a group here who suggested all sorts of violent means to send my black widow to the Rainbow Bridge. They would probably argue that spiders go to the Sooty Web rather than the Bridge. As long as she keeps eating the earwigs in my garden, she is welcome to stay. Now earwigs, that's an icky bug I have no issues squishing.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Eddie had his shots, was weighed, & had a good vet report but the vet wants to give an extra distemper; The vet said he would feel better knowing Eddie is better protected; how many are normal & why should he get yet another one? As a nurse I know giving babies extra Flu shots won't increase the protection of the original set of shots/ Eddie has not missed his vaccination dates...
As long as Eddie is over 12 weeks old and has had at least two vaccinations, I would not worry about giving him a third. If he's only had one then he definitely needs a booster.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
[quote="Eddies, post: 68426, member: 2144"I have a Saturday Night Special for the Spider! Around here they can get as big as a dinner plate! According to the University it's normal size for a wolf spider!
Ack. What is it with all the spider haters around here? There is a group here who suggested all sorts of violent means to send my black widow to the Rainbow Bridge. They would probably argue that spiders go to the Sooty Web rather than the Bridge. As long as she keeps eating the earwigs in my garden, she is welcome to stay. Now earwigs, that's an icky bug I have no issues squishing.[/quote]
I'm fine with spiders (well there was that one in Africa that was over a foot long and creeped me out a bit) but I'm with you on earwigs - ugly, icky buggers!