Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any decent priced f1 or f2's out there?

kapp

Savannah Child
If anyone comes across a steal of a deal f1 or f2 male or fem, doesn't matter. Would you please let me know, thanks

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Kapp, I'm sure any breeder with what you're looking for considers their cats "decent priced." Your best option if you are looking for an F1 or F2 is to contact breeders, tell them your budget, and see if you can work something out. However, caveat emptor, a steal of a deal might mean a nightmare of a cat. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. You might try registering at SV rescue to see if you are suitable as a foster. I believe fosters have first choice for the cat. In this situation though, you may get a cat that needs time and patience adjusting to a new home.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Agree completely with Deborah. You also might consider an older cat..retired breeding queen, older kitten, etc...as well, if low price is a consideration for you.

Please...be sure Savannahs are legal where you live! Texas, for instance is a "gray area" as far as Savannah ownership in many areas. A few states prohibit ownership of any generation. Your best bet is to contact your local animal control to be sure, if you are uncertain of legality. www.hybridlaw.com

This is a good site for breeders worldwide: www.savannahcat.com

Finally, the link to the SV Rescue website: www.svrescue.com You must join the Yahoo group on the Adopt page of this site to see posts for available rescue Savannahs.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
What do you consider a "decent price" for an F1 or F2? Is it at all within range or not? There is a reason F1s are so expensive, a lot of work goes into producing them... hence to expect them to fall in the same price range as an F5 or F6 would be unreasonable.

Agreed with Deborah, "a steal of a deal" could well be a scam or a nightmare of a situation. There's a saying "you get what you pay for"...

kapp

Savannah Child
I know what you are all saying. Yes they are legal here. And I do really know and understand the time and money put into breeding, I'm not looking for a 800 dollar f1. Haha but I'm not looking to pay 17,000 dollars for one, like a few breeders are asking

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well there is definitely a price range out there when you go 'shopping' and I think you can find a reasonable price for a kitten, but a 'steal of a deal' is probably not something you're going to find. If budget is an issue perhaps you should consider a later generation kitten, e.g., F3 or F4. There are many F5 or later Savannahs that are just as stunning as some of the F2 out there these days...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Why don't you start by looking at our breeder directory and contact the breeders here? Sue Armstrong produces F1's and she is listed under Amara Savannahs, Cynthia King produces F2's as does Trish and the list goes on...we are all very responsive to requests so feel free to contact any of us.

As for $17,000 for an F1? I only know a few breeders who charge this...many do not.