Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Any Ideas on Breed?

ginamarie1221

Savannah Super Cat
Hello All!
First off, would like to start off saying that I will be the pround owner of a new F3 Savannah in 6 weeks. So excited!!

Second, the below pics are ones of a 5 month old kitten that we took into our home. She is amazing and we love her so much! She loves to ride in the car and has more energy than we can handle! My question for you guys is this... Does she look like a very cool spotted/striped tabby? Or could she possibly have a mix or something? If so, what are your guesses?

I appreciate all an any info you might be able to give!

Thank you so much.

Gina :) Rio.jpg

Attachments

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Ginamarie, and welcome!

Your little girl in the pic is a beauty! It is hard to tell what breeds she may have in her; she "may" have some Bengal or Egyptian Mau in her, and there are many "regular" spotted domestic cats around. Yes, I would call her a cool colored kitty, though her pattern is more broken mackeral tabby, but with a spotted look :) Whatever breed she is, she is lovely and sounds like the perfect high-energy complement to your upcoming F3 baby...congratulations on both!

Jason E

Savannah Super Cat
Whatever she is, she is a good looking kitty. She is probably some sort of domestic cross, but her ears are big and her markings are cool too. GOod luck to you with your savannah.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Interesting cat! The ears are large and closer together. The nose is slightly broader than average. Spots look clean no rosettes. High energy. Color looks right. Relatively big paws for a 5 month old, tail looks sorta fat.
I would not rule out savannah blood in that kitten.
Does the cat play fetch and greet you at the door?
Great looking cat either way and I would keep it if it doesn't have a chip in it. Did you check for that?

ginamarie1221

Savannah Super Cat
Wow! Thanks for the replies everyone!

She was a roamer around our neighborhood. She was very outgoing when she first came into our yard. High energy and would literally climb to the top of my trees in the front yard. We had her for about a month and then she was nowhere to be found for almost 2 weeks. She just came back 3 days ago. She is not chipped, so we are keeping her!
She has once ran to the door when I came home. She loves riding in the car too!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Wow! Thanks for the replies everyone!

She was a roamer around our neighborhood. She was very outgoing when she first came into our yard. High energy and would literally climb to the top of my trees in the front yard. We had her for about a month and then she was nowhere to be found for almost 2 weeks. She just came back 3 days ago. She is not chipped, so we are keeping her!
She has once ran to the door when I came home. She loves riding in the car too!
I hope you are keeping her inside, and not allowed to roam outside? So many dangers out there for cats; disease, theft, accidents and injuries....:(

It's never a good idea for any cat to fun free outside, and especially high-energy cats like Savannahs. Taking them for walks on a harness and leash or time spent in an outdoor enclosure keeps cats just as happy :)

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
She's a stunning cat, Gina! Did you name her yet? Congratulations on your upcoming Savannah! Looking forward to some photos when your new baby arrives! :)