Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone want to cruise?

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
a group of us talked about cruising several months ago. Since the weather is starting to get nasty, I thought I would throw out a cruise that we just booked if anyone is interested. Jan. 31, 2015. 8 night out of Miami. Carnival Breeze. St. Thomas, Antigua, San Juan, and Nassau. It is Super Bowl Sunday, but that is a at sea day, Carnival gets the regular channels in the cabins, ships have Super Bowl Parties on the big screen TVs. We booked a cove balcony, total price for 2 $1540.32. After we booked, I found out it is John Healds Bloggers Cruise,with a lot of extras,but you have to register by Monday Dec. 1. He is their Senior Cruise Director and Ambassador. Our travel agent is Eileen Kaskeski 772-245-6619. You can use her or your own travel agent. I am not benefitting in any way. If you do call Eileen, mention my name and I am sure she will treat you right. Hope some of you will decide to join us and that we can meet in person. Sue and Don Marzonie

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I will be in Tampa that weekend for the Gasparilla Pirate Fest. It's an annual winter getaway for me to visit my sister there. If the cruise were shorter...say 3 days or so, I would seriously consider it. Miami is about a 3 hour drive from Tampa.

Very, very tempting...hmmm. Frigid, icy, snowy and COLD Michigan late-January weather vs much warmer Florida climes....and to hang out with other SV peeps, too? So very tempting!

MM3

Site Supporter
Who takes care of your babies for 8 days? Does someone come in to feed and change litter box? Or spend time playing too? I would miss my kitty too much. But that's me.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I have my SO to stay home and care for our "kids". But 8 days away....not sure I can do that. I think I would worry too much, even though he does a great job caring for them all by himself, lol. Three days away from home and fur kids is my max time limit so far.

MM3

Site Supporter
I have my SO to stay home and care for our "kids". But 8 days away....not sure I can do that. I think I would worry too much, even though he does a great job caring for them all by himself, lol. Three days away from home and fur kids is my max time limit so far.
Had kitty for 1 year 5 months and haven't left her. We have bonded so deeply because I'm always home with her. Doing the marketing I'm gone for 3 hours max......that's the longest I've left her. I really don't have any interest in leaving her. She's so much fun!
Kitty just gave me an A+ slave rating.

Last edited:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Wow, a cruise in January sounds so lovely, I wish I could make it! I will be thinking of you Superbowl weekend Sue!!!

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
I will be in Tampa that weekend for the Gasparilla Pirate Fest. It's an annual winter getaway for me to visit my sister there. If the cruise were shorter...say 3 days or so, I would seriously consider it. Miami is about a 3 hour drive from Tampa.

Very, very tempting...hmmm. Frigid, icy, snowy and COLD Michigan late-January weather vs much warmer Florida climes....and to hang out with other SV peeps, too? So very tempting!
Wish you could join us. I live2 hours south of Tampa. Tampa to Miami is about 4-4.5 hours.

Sue

Savannah Super Cat
My kids and their spouses live within 5 miles of me( 1 is N.E.and the other is 2 miles W but with the canals, it takes a bit longer). They will come over to feed,play, lake care of the litter boxes etc. if they are not available, I have 2 neighbors that will also do the same. Cruising is the best way to go. Carnival Corp currently has a contest going on to give away 1 free cruise a year for life on 3 of their lines. The website is the Worlds Leading Cruise Lines.com or something like that. Once you try cruising, you will love it. The nice thing about the 8 day is that it leaves on a Sat. And returns Sunday, so if you are working, it is only 1 week off. Sue

Last edited:

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Sue, we would love to. We are already booked for skiing at the same time as this cruise. Let's look at 2016?