Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At what age do you switch from kitten to adult cat food?

At what age do you switch from kitten to adult cat food? Can you feed a kitten taste of the wild? What are your recommendations for dry cat food?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Usually about 6 - 9 months, I'm thinking...Taste oft he Wild is fine, although remember it was recalled...maybe try something like natures Variety Instinct?

KMcgown

Site Supporter
I try to go on the higher side. 9 - 12 months depending on the food. I like the Natures Variety that Paige mentioned. I get the dry with the boost and they love it. You can buy other boost to add in!

Lesley

Site Supporter
Where do you get Natures variety? None of the stores in Cincy seem to have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

admin

Paige
Staff member
Petco, Petsmart...all the big pet stores and little have it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lesley

Site Supporter
Huh. Ok, the petsmart near us doesn't have it, even asked and they said they don't stock it. Not sure if there is a petco around but will look for one.
Thx

admin

Paige
Staff member
Just stupid phone inserting its own words.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Tractor Supply Center (TSC) carries Taste of the Wild in my town. It can also be ordered from their website.

KMcgown

Site Supporter
You can purchase on-line also. There are a few places that will ship for free and the prices are good. pet supplies.com is one and chewy.com

admin

Paige
Staff member
I love chewy.com because I can order the heavy bags of litter and cat food and they deliver for free...I guess I am paying a bit more for the litter, but...at least I don't have to lug it up the stairs...