Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Baby in hand..

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
All babies have long thin needle claws at this age, they don't retract properly until they are a bit older :)

She's going to be one of those dramatic dark-nosed babies. If what we think about the genetics of black noses is correct, all the babies will be black-nosed as both parents are... what I am interested to see is if her warm-toned sister keeps her black nose...you can see her little face poking out from the kitten pile here...

Attachments

• Jun05-12-kitten-pile.jpg
    Jun05-12-kitten-pile.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 26
She is cute as well. If I remember right, I think Abu started out with a black nose, but recently it lightened up to be a red color in the middle ... seems odd but maybe is just black around edges and because so small that is all you see, but when grow larger can see the lighter color in middle??

Trish Allearz

Yeah, Abu's nose looked black-black for a long time and just within the last two weeks, I noticed the red star in the middle start to blossom. I would have sworn he would keep his black nose! Of course, the other F2s with black noses have kept theirs. That's okay- he's more typey then any of my other babies :)