Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Batter bunny for kittens

Rafiki

Site Supporter
When we first brought Rafiki home, she would go into a running/biting/hyper mode at 10 or 11 pm every night. The solution was "batter bunny", one of 4 large stuffed toys by Doskocil and available at Drs. Foster and Smith.The toys are 12" long and made of poly terry and plush and contain catnip. Whenever she started going crazy and bitey, we would toss the bunny at her and she would wrestle, roll, kick and bite it. Our body parts were safe! We soon learned to bring it to bed with us for late night attacks. She has now outgrown it and her urge to bitey-the-humans but other than a few pulled threads, this toy survived.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
That's a great tip, although I'm a bit concerned about how well a stuffed toy can stand up to a Savannah. Would love to see pics of her playing with it.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I don't think that the batter toys would hold up to full grown Savannah cat but for kittens - especially in the bitey stage - they work great! Believe me, I have had to perform surgery on most of her little stuffed mice and such...usually within the first few days...but the batter toys have survived. Rafiki still occasionally plays with it. I will see if I can get a picture of her with it.