Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Bella Tail Fluff

Sean

Site Supporter
The first two are tail fluffed for food
The last one is tail after food and un-fluffed.

Tail Fluff 1.jpg Tail fluff 2.jpg Tail 3.jpg

Please don't mind the dirt on the floor.
She got her beef and the tail un-fluffed.

Sean

Rafiki

Site Supporter
We had the furkids out with their walking jackets and Jammu went back in early. When we approached the kitchen door, Rafiki's tail turned into a bottle brush. At first I thought that she was reacting to the light dot my watch made on the wall. It turns out that Jammu was on the other side of the door and she could see him thru the glass. She didn't recognize him so her tail fluffed out, her posture changed and her ears flattened. When I opened the door and she could smell him, everything changed in an instant. Why can't she recognize him if she cannot smell him?!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
We had the furkids out with their walking jackets and Jammu went back in early. When we approached the kitchen door, Rafiki's tail turned into a bottle brush. At first I thought that she was reacting to the light dot my watch made on the wall. It turns out that Jammu was on the other side of the door and she could see him thru the glass. She didn't recognize him so her tail fluffed out, her posture changed and her ears flattened. When I opened the door and she could smell him, everything changed in an instant. Why can't she recognize him if she cannot smell him?!
Zeddie does the same with Tiger

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Cats rely in smell much more than sight for recognition. They use sight to sense the presence of another animal and what it is, but smell tells them who.