Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Bi Lateral Heart Murmur... :(

#1
So I was just informed that after coming back from the vet before being shipped out tomorrow, The breeder informed me that my F2 boy has a bi-lateral heart murmur with a rating of 2. Does anyone know about this condition and what this could mean? I am at work at the moment and cant do too much research. I hope someone can chime in as I need to let her know by tonight what my decision should be.
 

admin

Paige
Staff member
#2
So I was just informed that after coming back from the vet before being shipped out tomorrow, Dawn informed me that my F2 boy has a bi-lateral heart murmur with a rating of 2. Does anyone know about this condition and what this could mean? I am at work at the moment and cant do too much research. I hope someone can chime in as I need to let Dawn know by tonight what my decision should be.
paul, let me see if I can get Per to answer...he is our resident Veterinarian.
 
#3
OK, wonderful. That would be much appreciated Paige. My wife and I put down pretty much all the funds we could to get him, so bringing him home and immediately having a large vet bill may not work for us. :( I'm very sad to hear this news at the moment.
 
#6
Gary said that adding Taurine to his diet may help it subside... Also does anyone know what the chances are it would get worse?
 

admin

Paige
Staff member
#7
Sometimes they outgrow murmurs...but it is the bilateral aspect that is bothering me...I have emailed Per, but he is in Norway, so I'm not sure what time it is there. Also, some of the breeders here may be able to answer...
 

admin

Paige
Staff member
#9
Paul, I'm not sure...I am a new breeder without a first litter yet, so I will have to defer to the experienced breeders on the list...
 
#10
I just talked to a local vet over the phone. He said that the breeder should get a radiology consult done on him to make sure it is a heart murmur. He said that if it is a heart murmur, he would recommend not getting him as in the future there WILL be expensive vet bills on top of what we are already paying. :( This is such awful news for me right now! I can't stand to be let down once again.