Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Cats

L

Louie'sDad

Who breeds some of the largest F1 Savannah's available?

L

Louie'sDad

To clarify: I'd like a cat weighing at least 20 pounds with the proper height/length ratio, leggy/slim. I imagine this means a cat of at least 18" height at the shoulders and 22" long chest to rump.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm sure most purchasing an F1 or F2 want that, some may even expect it. I don't know anyone that consistently produces it though...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Joe...I think that until we have designer cats that can be tailor made to fit your requirements, so sort of like the Genome Project, you are going to be hard pressed to find a breeder willing to commit to your requirements...my friend, Sue Armstrong, breeds F1's and Deborah's Atticus comes from Sue...but Sue will NOT guarantee the size of her F1's...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
To clarify: I'd like a cat weighing at least 20 pounds with the proper height/length ratio, leggy/slim. I imagine this means a cat of at least 18" height at the shoulders and 22" long chest to rump.
If all you are looking for is a large cat you might want to consider a Maine Coon - this is the largest cat breed there is.

Alicia

Savannah Super Cat
Wait..... Are you freaking serious?!

L

Louie'sDad

Sounds like I touched on a sore point, especially with Alicia.
Alicia, could you express yourself more clearly and explain your exasperation?
I was told that cats within a litter are generally close in size, so, if a cat is "big" then that means all of his litter mates are "big" as well.........................unless...................I was misinformed and a "big" cat is the anomaly.
I'd like to become better informed and not looking for a cat fight.:)