Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Birthday present

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
For their first birthday present we bought Loki & Freyja a cat pen/catio we have nearly completed it so I thought I would share a couple of pics .... We are in the uk and the company supplies modular build pens for cats,dogs,birds and also zoo's and the cool thing is if we want to move or extend the pen if we wish we can just buy some more panels to match ... We are building it on the back of our sun room overlooking the garden, so it will be great to have a indoor/outdoor space to share; it is 8 ft high and 6 1/2 ft x 10 ft ... If anyone has any ideas of what we could put in there for them, to make it more fun please let me know, we are thinking a few shelves on the mesh and some wood and tree stumps for them to climb :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Very nice. My first enclosure was the exact same thing. The company I ordered it from (in the US, can't remember the name) offered a number of shelves that attached to the sides of the enclosure. I also bought some hooks and made hammocks to hang from the top. You can include a litter box, a tree trunk (sapless variety) and even a small cat tree with some enclosed nooks so they have somewhere to go when they want to snooze in solitude.

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
Very nice. My first enclosure was the exact same thing. The company I ordered it from (in the US, can't remember the name) offered a number of shelves that attached to the sides of the enclosure. I also bought some hooks and made hammocks to hang from the top. You can include a litter box, a tree trunk (sapless variety) and even a small cat tree with some enclosed nooks so they have somewhere to go when they want to snooze in solitude.
Thanks ... Liking the hammock idea :) may have a go at making one for them :) do you have a picture?
I was also think of a kind if cat tree/climbing frame they have one at the cattery see pic they seemed to really like it.

Attachments

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I don't have any pictures of the enclosure anymore but here's a picture of my old moggie in one of the hammocks. And i just had to include a picture of the new catio. When I got my 3rd savannah, I decided it was easier to enclosure our entire patio rather than keep adding on to the enclosure. That way, we could all enjoy the same outdoor space. The picture is from the day it was finished, before I added a new cat tree and their kiddie pool. maggiehammock2.jpg lots of space.jpg

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
I don't have any pictures of the enclosure anymore but here's a picture of my old moggie in one of the hammocks. And i just had to include a picture of the new catio. When I got my 3rd savannah, I decided it was easier to enclosure our entire patio rather than keep adding on to the enclosure. That way, we could all enjoy the same outdoor space. The picture is from the day it was finished, before I added a new cat tree and their kiddie pool. View attachment 10032 View attachment 10033
Wow love that catio :) I'm sure your savannahs love it too :)

Thanks for the pic I reckon I could make something similar for them I'm thinking of getting some nylon strapping from the camping shop to make the shape, hooks to attach to the mesh and some comfy material for the bed ... May just make a me size one to share :)

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Was not very expensive to make. Even easier to put together. Went to Home Depot and bought two 4'x4' 1/2 plywood pieces. They have them already pre-cut to that size. All I did was cut them in half. Next I went over to the carpeting department and found the cheapest indoor/outdoor carpet and asked for a roll of it 15 inches wide and 12 foot long (the length of the stock roll.) Grabbed a roll of double sticky side carpet tape, bought some cheap chain and S hooks. Drilled holes in the corners. Cut the carpet and applied the tape on the edges and a strip down the center. Done.
The carpeting is very helpful for them to claw into when jumping onto it. Helps their grip nicely.

Dandylions

Savannah Super Cat
Was not very expensive to make. Even easier to put together. Went to Home Depot and bought two 4'x4' 1/2 plywood pieces. They have them already pre-cut to that size. All I did was cut them in half. Next I went over to the carpeting department and found the cheapest indoor/outdoor carpet and asked for a roll of it 15 inches wide and 12 foot long (the length of the stock roll.) Grabbed a roll of double sticky side carpet tape, bought some cheap chain and S hooks. Drilled holes in the corners. Cut the carpet and applied the tape on the edges and a strip down the center. Done.
The carpeting is very helpful for them to claw into when jumping onto it. Helps their grip nicely.
Thanks I think I may well be making something similar wanted to add some shelves by the small window so we don't always have to have the doors open for them :) like how easy your design is to move around :)

ambiente18

Site Supporter
I don't have any pictures of the enclosure anymore but here's a picture of my old moggie in one of the hammocks. And i just had to include a picture of the new catio. When I got my 3rd savannah, I decided it was easier to enclosure our entire patio rather than keep adding on to the enclosure. That way, we could all enjoy the same outdoor space. The picture is from the day it was finished, before I added a new cat tree and their kiddie pool. View attachment 10032 View attachment 10033
very cool!!! Superbly:up: