Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Black Cat Appreciation Day

admin

Paige
Staff member
it is Black Cat Appreciation Day everyone! I did not know that more black cats are euthanized than others in shelters and black animals in general wait longer to be adopted :(

So please post your black cats here - savannah or not!!!

I am going to start with Carbon, who just became available...he was going to go as a breeder, but I changed my mind and it is all ok...he needs to be a spoiled, coveted pet...he is so sweet and purrs as soon as touched...I really wish I could keep him!

081614-carbonite-enclosure.jpg 081614-carbonite-2-fix.jpg

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
It is way too sad that black cats are not liked. Damned middle ages religious superstition. Every black cat I have ever known was sweet and loving.
And Carbon is no exception. Such a good looking boy. Sorry you are not keeping him.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I agree it is so sad, Cary...I am keeping Siri, Carbon;s sister...I am sure he will find a wonderful home! I have held him back for four weeks now for a breeder, but I just don't think he has the temperament to be a stud boy!

s&jdavis

Savannah Super Cat
I waaaaaaant!!!!! :). But I'm sure my husband would not approve :(. I am so attracted to black animals. I don't see why so many people don't like them. I don't have any pics on my phone, but my two favorite cats (aside from Zubi of course) were black. Best cats ever!!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I waaaaaaant!!!!! :). But I'm sure my husband would not approve :(. I am so attracted to black animals. I don't see why so many people don't like them. I don't have any pics on my phone, but my two favorite cats (aside from Zubi of course) were black. Best cats ever!!

I have to admit, I didn't always like the Mel Savannahs, but now I am hooked...I cannot begin to explain how beautiful they are in person...I will have them at the upcoming cat show this weekend in NJ...

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Never had a black kitty, but I adore black animals. My bun was a black lop and cute as a button. One day, I will have a mel...