Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Blue Ridge Raw Pet Food

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
http://www.blueridgebeef.com/index-home.html

Has anyone heard or used this company before? I purchased a couple of pounds from a local farmers market, and am waiting to give it a try with Leo. They offer a variety of different meats at a pretty low price. I was also told they are a pretty small company located in North Georgia. I have chubs of duck, deer, and quail.

I used it to raise up Rocco, our last F2 boy who left here- he did great on it. It made his sister, Jenny, OTOH vomit nonstop anytime she touched it (the kitten chubs). So luck of the draw, I think.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have used the kitten mix, it is a more inclusive diet. Just remember that in the chubs you purchased all you are getting is the meat and ground bone so if you use it as a part of Leo's regular diet you will need to add supplements.

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
I have used the kitten mix, it is a more inclusive diet. Just remember that in the chubs you purchased all you are getting is the meat and ground bone so if you use it as a part of Leo's regular diet you will need to add supplements.
I will give it a try! I was looking for a good and economical source for different kinds of meat because my SV was getting tired of the same chicken and turkey combo I had him on. I plan to mix it with supplements, chicken hearts, and some fish oil, but thanks for making sure!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I use BRB for my last litter and they did great on it and loved it. This litter would not touch it :( It has beef heart in it and some kittens/cats just cannot tolerate beef heart...that is probably why Trish's Jenny vomited when she ate it.

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks for the information about the beef heart Paige, I would have never known that. I tried giving Leo some Raw duck and he refused it. I was pretty disappointed. I am going to try some other BRB products before I mix it with supplements.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Any time Matt...duck is not something my cats will eat..try the kitten mix or rabbit...I would try the rabbit specifically...