Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breeder Recommendations

Lil Demon's Mom

Savannah Super Cat
I'm very excited about adding an SV to our family and I've been doing lots of research. My first question is
1. Has anyone here gotten their SV(s) from A1 Savannahs in Ponca City, OK? (They're the only semi-local breeder I've found) If so, was the experience with them positive? And would you recommend them?

2. Also, some of the information that I've found in my research seems to contradict other info and I'm. Lost on what to go with (Ie: vaccines, diet, nail trimming, etc)

any help/advice is much appreciated!

thanks, Christina

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi Christina,

Welcome! If you do a search under the terms you are looking for, you will come up with the answers you are looking for as far as vaccines, diet, etc...we have a forum specifically for diets, etc.

As for A1 Savannahs...there are many posts concerning them...my breeding female is from the former owners...not many of us would buy from the new owners. I prefer that you do the research here on what we have stated as far as A1 savannahs goes.

we have a breeder directory on the forum...we (breeders) participate here frequently, so you may want to take a look there...

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I meant to add that you probably find conflicting info on these particular topics because there is no right or wrong answer - do your research, weigh the risks and benefits, and decide for yourself which is right for you. Be aware though, some breeders actually include specific clauses in their contracts about vaccines, declawing, etc. so know what's expected of you from your breeder before making any decisions.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Welcome, Lil Demon's Mom! I think you will find a lot of useful information on the forum... as Patti says for many questions there is no "right" answer but you will find loads of opinions that may help you make up your own mind on what is best for your cat :)

As to A1Savannahs, they were recently sold. Many SV breeders have concerns about the person that has purchased the cattery and what sort of operation it is nowadays. As Paige says, the breeders listed on this forum are recommended :)

Lil Demon's Mom

Savannah Super Cat
Paige,

I guess I'm not looking in the right place(s) on here for information/previous posts about A1. Can you link me some, or point me in the right direction?

Lil Demon's Mom

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you everyone! I'm so glad that I found this website to help me trek through the new world of Savannahs! I hope to be able to add one of these amazing babies to my family soon!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
If you go to A1s Facebook page, there might still be a discussion there about concerns some people have regarding what they consider a conflict in their business model. I tried to search for A1 here but nothing came up, most likely because they mentioned in threads about general topics.