Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Breeders in Kansas and surrounding states?

aharter

Savannah Super Cat
I am going to be purchasing a savannah cat in the next year, but am looking for reputable breeders in kansas and the surrounding states, such as Oklahoma, Nebraska, Missouri, and colorado. The two breeders in kansas that I have found are Akubakiah cattery in Topeka and raganwood bengals and savannahs in Kansas City. These both have kittens that are extremely well priced. I am just having a hard time reaching raganwood. Are there any breeders that you would recommend in this are or any that I should stay away from? Thank you for your help!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
If one breeder disses another.... it simply looks bad. It can appear like the breeder is trying to run down their "opposition" and mostly it would be rumor rather than personal experience.

The only breeder in those given states that I have personal experience with is Ti Amo Savannahs. They have a queen of mine. JoMartin and Craig are lovely people, if they have kittens available then I think they are a good choice for you :)

http://www.kirembosavannahs.com/faq/KittenBuyersChecklist.pdf gives you some points to consider when researching a breeder. It's worth doing that kind of research in addition to what kittens are available in your price range... you will have that cat for ~15-20 years after all!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I don't know either breeder you asked about in KS. As Brigitte says, Ti Amo has a good reputation and they are active in the Savannah community (although I don't think they are on this forum).