Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Bringing kitty to work?

cmantis

Savannah Super Cat
I was wondering about bringing Neo to work with me. Its ok with the boss (me) and ok with the city/state because I have a pet shop but I am not sure of the logistics. I ride a motorcycle to work so obviously that isn't going to work but I can take the train instead. I was looking at the Snoozer Roll Around mentioned in a previous thread to bring him in conjunction with a harness/leash. However it would be what I do with him while there that I am unsure about. It is actually a saltwater aquarium store and it gets very humid so sometimes we crack the door. Could I possibly tether him up or maybe build him a cat box to stay in? Or am I just dreaming and should I just leave him at home? I sometimes work long hours and my apartment is very small so figured he might like to come with on occasion.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think you have to think about what Neo would like. Would he enjoy being tethered all day or in a cage all day while you're busy with customers? Would you have time to bring him out and play with him? How would he respond riding on a noisy train with lots of noisy (and nosy!) people around? Hard to say it this is a good idea or not without knowing more about your specific situation.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
D loves the aquarium store (aquatic obsessions in Avenel), he sometimes goes with our cat sitter or us, but either (1) the door has to be locked (after hours) or (2) he has to be on his leash and harness- he is a door darter.
He is one of those kitties who loves meeting new people though. How is Neo with new people?

I will say D is terrified of the train, how is neo with it? We were volunteering at a nursing joke near a train station and had to stop because the trains scared him so much.