Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CALIFORNIA RESIDENCE

MM3

Site Supporter
When is it necessary to change out bed pads for a plug in heated pad for our weather here in California ?
When can I tell when my kitty is cold? She doesn't snuggle( we're working on the socialization part...long story) or attempt to sleep with me. I just don't want her to be a rolled up into a ball chattering her teeth all night and not resting comfortably. Ok I know her teeth would not really chatter, but you get the idea! I have provided in all her 5 beds the pads that will reflect back to her/ capture if you will her own body heat......is that sufficient? At night right now we keep the house between 62 and 65 at night, during the day 67 to 71. But not often 71. Thanks for any info your able to share.

Hina

Site Supporter
I was advised to follow the thumb rule of - if you're feeling cold, it's cold for your pet. The same goes for hot weather too.

Trish Allearz

Yet, I would say-- cats are wearing a fur coat at all times and unless it's drastically cold in the house, she's fine. Cats find warm places to snuggle-- as someone who had naked cats, I can tell you-- cats are amazing heat seekers.

I personally would not worry about her since she's an indoor kitty in the house with all of you. I'm sure she finds her 5 beds perfect :)

MM3

Site Supporter
I was advised to follow the thumb rule of - if you're feeling cold, it's cold for your pet. The same goes for hot weather too.
Ok, thank you all for your information.

Last edited: