Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cat and mouse

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
Share you savannah/mouse storoes??

I'm th8nking mango has left a present under a cabinet or behind one in the kitchen... sending my husband on that treasure hunt tonight...

We've never seen a mouse in our home before, but something in here smells dead.

We've bleached everything, no longer store trash inside and thrown out anything perishable with no avail....

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
My cats would jump onto my shoulders if they saw a mouse. LOL. If you don't find a dead one, they might be in your walls.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
The odor might also be coming from a drain...try pouring a bit of bleach flushed with water down every drain if you haven't already....if your refrigerator has a drain pan underneath it, check that as well. I hope it's not a small furry body in your walls or heating/cooling ducts!

mandyloo

Savannah Super Cat
Ugh..... Our dishwasher has been broken and out of service for nearly two weeks (Thanks, speedy geek squad repair team). One of its issues is a drain that doesn't drain... and an inch of soiled water in the bottom. I figured keeping the door shut would isolate the odor... so i haven't dared open it.

Think that may be my culprit?

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Ugh..... Our dishwasher has been broken and out of service for nearly two weeks (Thanks, speedy geek squad repair team). One of its issues is a drain that doesn't drain... and an inch of soiled water in the bottom. I figured keeping the door shut would isolate the odor... so i haven't dared open it.

Think that may be my culprit?

Absolutely! I bet that's your dead mouse ;)

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Suggestions for abatement until repair finally happens... a week from today

You could brave opening the door yourself. Keep your pets out of the kitchen, and open any windows. Arm yourself with a spray bottle of bleach and water mix: I'd suggest 1 part bleach to 8 parts water. Spray the standing water at the bottom and the sides, or dump 1/8 cup of bleach into the water and shut the door to the dishwasher. The odor might be coming from the non-functioning drain, so this may or may not help until the repairman arrives....is there anyone else you can call to look at it sooner?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Ugh, that really sucks! At least if it is the dishwasher it will be resolved in the next week. If it is a decaying mouse in the walls only time will resolve it - a lot more time than one week!