Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Catch

David Z

Site Supporter
Does anyone else's Savannah play catch?
Amara has 2 toys she loves to play catch with.
Has to be thrown to her while she is on the cat condo and she does some wild maneuvers to catch the toys in the air. She then brings the toy to me if she caught it. If she doesn't she acts like it's my fault she didn't catch it and I have to retrieve and throw again. She also gets upset if we don't play catch at some point during a day, has happened a few times and I've had to look all over for the 2 toys.
One day I'm going to have to set up a video camera and record her doing her crazy acrobatics she does to catch the toys.

MM3

Site Supporter
Does anyone else's Savannah play catch?
Amara has 2 toys she loves to play catch with.
Has to be thrown to her while she is on the cat condo and she does some wild maneuvers to catch the toys in the air. She then brings the toy to me if she caught it. If she doesn't she acts like it's my fault she didn't catch it and I have to retrieve and throw again. She also gets upset if we don't play catch at some point during a day, has happened a few times and I've had to look all over for the 2 toys.
One day I'm going to have to set up a video camera and record her doing her crazy acrobatics she does to catch the toys.
Yes, many missed undiscribeable acts of pure talent are missed with Savannah’s. Too bad gopros are so expensive. Making them affordable might have a chance to set his company in an upward movement instead of the downward plunge he’s in. Would to see to see your baby in action.

Ninja-n-Bear

Site Supporter
Ninja adores playing catch. He doesn't bring the toys back, though, just waits and chatters for me to go fetch them so he can attack again. Servitude can be so entertaining!

Connie P.

Savannah Super Cat
I had carpet burns all the time from crawling around on the floor begging my boy to play fetch with me, and demonstrating how to do it! He would go get it, but wouldn’t bring it all the way back to me. He would stop a few feet away. Thank goodness my husband never thought to video me looking like a crazy person while Masai just watched the show. I used to tell him, “Ok, if you don’t fetch this, I am trading you in on a model that fetches!” I think I saw him actually roll his eyes at me as in saying, “Yeah, right Mom!” Lord I miss that boy!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
One of my F2s love to play catch. He isn't interested in the toy after he catches it so I have to have a large arsenal ready to throw at him. I'll throw them all, he'll catch them all and drop them in a pile around him, I fetch the toys and throw them again. I am a well-trained human.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I don't advise this as a method to teach a cat to fetch...but the SVs I have had that fetch learned this way... they bring toys to our bed to try to tempt us to play more instead of sleep. I fling the toy off the bed, they bring it back. Do that fifty times... your cat is now fetching and you will never have a good night's sleep again.

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
Hihi ... playing catch and bring back toy -
first my Nabila wasn't at all interested when i throw something (toy) away (only preferred feather wand)... i also tried to show her with little to no success (crouching on the grond too) ... One day i was vacuum the rooms ... so i had to put all toys into a basket and let them remain there ... i only put out 2 or 3 favorite toy's out the rest remained in this basket - a week later i was relaxing at the couch watching a bit TV ... Nabila was searching the basket - picks up and out a white mouse toy and brought it to me ... ok i said - and throwed it away - Nabila jumped afterwars and what a surprise - took it back to me ... since that day - playing catch is workin but only at her self decision when she wants to she starts by bringing the toy ... my try to ... don't you want ... i show you ... non of success ...

Happy cat wishes :)