Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CatGenie or other self clean litter box

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Hi there

Love your site and need more input .

I gave 2 cats and 6 litter boxes in the house.
Savannha -Romeo and Bengal -Toby
I Clean them every day most of the time
Any experience with potty training or
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box?
The savanna baby still gets diarrhea but stays in the litter box when he gets too much dry food food .

Any experience with CatGenie or other self clean litter box brands?

Thank you ..

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hi there

Love your site and need more input .

I gave 2 cats and 6 litter boxes in the house.
Savannha -Romeo and Bengal -Toby
I Clean them every day most of the time
Any experience with potty training or
CatGenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box?
The savanna baby still gets diarrhea but stays in the litter box when he gets too much dry food food .

Any experience with CatGenie or other self clean litter box brands?

Thank you ..

Thanks Michaela!

Some people love the cat genie...I use the litter robot, which we will be giving away soon...why does the savannah baby get diarrhea?

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you for the input

Both BG and SV are on meat diet
Some limited can food and dry treats
Dry food gets SV baby his BM to diarrhea
PCR vet diarrhea was negative
The Bengal is more picky but does not have a sensitive stomach
Will like to try a self cleaning litter box soon.

:)

admin

Paige
Staff member
Thank you for the input

Both BG and SV are on meat diet
Some limited can food and dry treats
Dry food gets SV baby his BM to diarrhea
PCR vet diarrhea was negative
The Bengal is more picky but does not have a sensitive stomach
Will like to try a self cleaning litter box soon.

Ah, ok...so no more dry food for the baby then?

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks Michaela!

Some people love the cat genie...I use the litter robot, which we will be giving away soon...why does the savannah baby get diarrhea?

Does SV fit in the box ?
What is the size limitations , if any .
How can I sign up for the robot?

Thk

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
If a cat is used to a raw meat diet, definitely giving them kibble "suddenly" may cause diarrhea. This is why we always advocate changing a diet slowly... so even giving a handful as a "treat" could be a shock to the system if the kitten has a sensitive stomach. Better to use things like freeze-dried meats as treats imho...

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
If a cat is used to a raw meat diet, definitely giving them kibble "suddenly" may cause diarrhea. This is why we always advocate changing a diet slowly... so even giving a handful as a "treat" could be a shock to the system if the kitten has a sensitive stomach. Better to use things like freeze-dried meats as treats imho...

Yes but he came raised on dry and raw
So it seem to be more then with the breeder.
He does better with freeze dry ..

D

Dantes

Does SV fit in the box ?
What is the size limitations , if any .
How can I sign up for the robot?

Thk

I would say the Cat Genie and the Litter Robot will handle about the same size of cat. Newer models of the LR have an expander but they didn't have that when I had the LR.

My SV uses the Cat Genie, but my 25lb ragdoll does not. I can't say if that's because of his size or because he just doesn't like it or what, but I have four litterboxes total for three cats, one of which is the cat genie, so he has plenty to choose from.

I haven't had a Litter Robot with these cats to say whether they'd use it, but my last two cats did. I sold it when my DSH got older and I was told she had arthritis and couldn't step up into the LR, but it turned out she had kidney failure (from poisoned kibble), so either way it wasn't her fault, nor the box's fault.

maalleh

Savannah Super Cat
I love my litter robot and my DSH has no problem using it. With one cat I only had to empty the waste once every other week. Now my with SV using it part time I empty the waste weekly. The SV loves to watch it go around..

Mary in Savannah Texas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD