Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Catnip for Savannahs

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
hey all,
we just got a beatiful F3 savannah girl,
Malia ,and I was wondering if SVs take to catnip.
I gave her a banana but she didnt even play with it
and this kitty plays with everything.

Malia is bringing so much joy into our little
familys life.I want to post more later.

Christine

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
As Lori says, some cats like catnip more than others.... it can also be age related, so if Malia is a kitten it may take her a little longer before she's interested.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
I have some that love it, and others that don't...it also depends on the strength of the 'nip, and fresh or new is always best. Some go bonkers over catnip stuffed toys rather than sprinkled around, but none of my cats like fresh garden-picked catnip.

Welcome Christine and Malia....looking forward to pics of your new girl :)

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
thanx you guys!
Malia was born august 2 of this year and its so hard
to get a good pic.shes in constant motion.

as soon as I get a good one I'll post.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Kovu ignores cat nip. lol He only plays with toys that are shiny. Like shiny Christmas wands!

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 16

Xtine

Savannah Super Cat
Malia arrived to us on Nov 23rd a little traumatized from the long plane ride and with a cold but that has not slowed her down. She has already bonded with our 6 yr old son and they sleep together every night. She has the sweetest personalty and loves to snuggle. She is also sassy and very focused. We are so in love with her....

coco

Savannah Super Cat
My Sv isnt interested in catnip at all, however crinkly toys/curtains/the fridge/the bath/the sink/the fireplace/any food/any drinks/any new products brought into the house........ are all fair game tho :)

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Mine love catnip. When I take them outside in the summer, they make a beeline for the catnip plants that grow wild around the house. Next thing I know I have cats on drugs. If they even think I have a bag of catnip in a drawer, the riot starts. And they get nasty with the claws when I do have it out. Talk about drug seeking behavior. :eek:

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Mine love catnip but I get the same reaction from them from other dried herbs such as thyme, oregano, marjoram. They go bonkers for fresh rosemary. They're druggies for sure -- makes cooking a hazardous activity.