Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Chasing?

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
We've had Jengo just over 6 months now and he's now 1 full year. We've got a new kind of game going and I want to make sure it's okay to keep playing it with him.

It started as peek-a-boo, I would peek around a corner and he would come right to me...recently I was running through the house to catch the phone and realized Jengo was running after me, it was pretty hilarious. Our peek a boo games then turned into a game of chase, now if I run - he runs right after me and he loves it - I just want to make sure I am not tapping into something where he thinks I'm prey or something like that.

Charley

Savannah Super Cat
Now what's really weird about this game is he sometimes wants ME to chase HIM! lol! If you can get your kids and Savannah's to play this together - that would be awesome! If I had kids I would teach them every nuance of the game!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think it is fine as long as the chase does not end with any physicality...for example, if the chase ends with kitty wanting to tackle you or use claws on your leg etc... that would not be good. But no contact activity sounds harmless and fun to me :)

morbius

Savannah Super Cat
Servo and I used to chase each other back and forth across the house all the time. Throw in some hide and seek too. I think it's completely normal and shows you have a close bond with him.