Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Chew toys?

MaddyG

Savannah Teenager
Hi All,
My 11 month old Little Man chews on everything-from my daughters wooden toys to the rug, electrical cords, hair bands, aluminum foil (if stolen from countertops), milk carton tops, you get the idea.

Today, at my wits end, i bought a puppy Kong and an open weave rubber ball for puppies. I put a freeze dried liver treat in each and he's chewing away! Hooray. BUT, will this type of toy induce frustration? Is there anything i should be concerned about..... Or is Kong not marketed for cats because most cats aren't chewers?

Thanks for your input!

Maddy

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm not sure why your kitten would get frustrated with the chew toys, sounds like an ingenious solution to your problem! Hope he continues to stick with the chew toys and ignores the other items he has previously chosen to chew on!

Alex

Savannah Super Cat
I tried duck feet ... cyro loved them, but has seemed to have a problem keeping food down after eating them. Could also be he's eating his dry food faster, and it's not the duck feet???

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I tried duck feet ... cyro loved them, but has seemed to have a problem keeping food down after eating them. Could also be he's eating his dry food faster, and it's not the duck feet???
That's an odd one, he's not acting constipated or like he's developed an obstruction after eating the ducks' feet?

Alex

Savannah Super Cat
No, he's behaving normally. We are visiting family for the holidays, however, so his food is in a separate room. He'll dash in there and gobble up his dry food, then throw a little up along with lots of stomach acid. I thought the problem could be the duck feet, since he started doing it about the time he started chewing on them ... but maybe it's that he's eating too quickly so he can get back out with everyone else again?