Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chicken Allergy

qcamrse

Savannah Adult
Hello - I want to hear back from any owners who have a cat with chicken allergies. It took me two months to figure this out and a lot of headache with loose, smelly bowel movements-but glad I did!! It seems to be fairly common so would love to hear any other cats with this too. Now, I mostly stick to a pinky mouse breakfast and then fish-based wet and dry foods. I am a big fan of Evo Herring and Salmon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Chicken, fish, and beef are the 3 proteins most associated with allergies in cats. None of mine have chicken allergies but they all decided to stop eating it when they were still kittens. Just a note of caution about feeding exclusively fish-based diet. There are tons of contaminants in fish that accrue in body tissue over time and cause many health issues. Also, too much fish can lead to vitamin K deficiency.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I have a cat with a chicken allergy, I feed her Natural Balance Green Pea and Duck kibble, and Wellness Beef and Salmon canned. I have given her Blue Ridge kitten mix on occasion which is primarily beef but with a bit of chicken and in limited amounts she does okay.