Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Chicken neck?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I see freeze-dried necks on Amazon - are they OK? Anyone use them? And has anyone given it without soaking it overnight?

Both cats eat raw but apparently it must be either ground or in chunks and served in a bowl for them to recognize it as food. Rafiki likes to chew on things and I am looking for something for her to gnaw that she cant just gulp down.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I haven't tried the freeze dried chicken necks. Don't know why they wouldn't be ok since they are aren't cooked. I always have freeze dried duck feet on hand. They are a huge hit here.

John Popp

Site Supporter
hmmmm, not sure if I would be as comfortable with freeze dried as opposed to dehydrated ones. Not sure what happens to the bones when they are freeze dried, and if they become quickly pulverized kind of defeats the purpose.