Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Chirping

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think this is a good example of Savannahs chirping (along with regular meows and other cat noises):

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I guess different people describe noises differently, which makes it quite confusing. For instance, the link you posted of the serval chirping I have heard others describe as a bark.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Agreed. I find it hard to describe kitty noises and I think people call different sounds "chirping" which just makes it confusing. I guess Youtube helps as at least then you can listen to the noises and see if that matches what you would consider the word means...

Rafiki

Site Supporter
The sounds that Patti's cats make is Rafiki's normal speaking voice. That is how she normally talks, particularly when warning us every morning about the evil shower drain monster. She has made the "serval kitten chirping" noise that Brigitte posted the video for when she has been teased by birds while out on the leash. I love the little weirdo noises these cats make!