Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Christmas day present opening play

Kurt Mylar

Savannah Super Cat
All six SVs loved playing with all the boxes and tissue paper. It lasted about two hours and then it was time for walks to burn off the rest of the energy so we could go out with family and not come home to a torn up house.

DSC_0519.JPG DSC_0458.JPG DSC_0470.JPG DSC_0449.JPG DSC_0541.JPG DSC_0538.JPG DSC_0478.JPG

cbain

Site Supporter
Nice pictures, looks like your cats are having a great time, my wife wrapped up some cat toys and put a little cat nip in with the toys and put them on a big rug and let the cats go at their presents , every day is like Christmas for them but this was special, paper and toys flying everywhere .

Kurt Mylar

Savannah Super Cat
I have three dead toys already. SVs don't play easy and when it comes to two or three ganging up on one toy it's gone in seconds with debris all over the place. Evan with cut claws they can do a lot of damage. Some of the lizards that they have caught last longer than the toys do. They really like to throw them around and pounce.

Princeton

Savannah Super Cat
Love your pictures, Cats play with christmas things always funny. But I am so jealous of your weather.... It's currently -13F or -25C where I am from. My mother is so happy to return to USA tomorrow and enjoy the warm and the sun while we keep freezing. My sister cat spend all day to rest on the heater. He is so intelligent!

Does santa claus bought any gift for your cats? Were they good this year?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Looks like your kitties had a fabulous Christmas! Sorry if this has been discussed before, but where did the walking jackets come from?

Kurt Mylar

Savannah Super Cat
We make them ourselves. We have made them for our breeder as well so her kittens come with a walking jacket. I could not find any when we got our SVs so I made them to fit. Have made about 50 so far for people. I can make them for other people. I modify some of the costumes into walking jackets as well. I am working on a police one for Loki it looks like a bullet vest like with the yellow reflective material and Police insignia on it. Loki loves them and climbs the trees with them and jumps on every thing in them. I tried to make them as comfortable as possible they have a soft lining on the inside of them. We have come up with different styles and shapes. Loki has a scarf that he likes as well. Just let me know.

DSC_0223.JPG

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Love that scarf!

Have you seen the recent thread where we discussed the possibility of making walking jackets with a pocket holding an SD card with all the cat's info? (an alternative or additional security to microchipping). Something to consider...

Do you have a website with the sizes, fabric patterns, and prices for your jackets?

Kurt Mylar

Savannah Super Cat
That's a good idea with the SD card in the jacket I could do that. Most of the jackets have been word of mouth from the breeder. Jackets range from $10.00 and up we try to do custom colors or designs and the season to get what you want. We are doing one for Valentine's Day which is red with Gold glittery Hearts in the pattern. I will post some pics tomorrow and check out the Jacket thread. Thanks Patti

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I would definitely be interested in purchasing kitten jackets with SD cards for my new kitten owners! Also don't know if you have considered it, but I have another jacket seller who has sewed folds into the straps that can be let out as the cat grows, in essence creating a jacket that can change in size, in keeping with the cats growth. This is a great option to help increase the value of the jacket.