Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Christmas Tree Advice?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Ummm, doomed. The middle picture is your best option of the ones shown. The linked product....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Seriously? Any self respecting savannah cat will just merrily jump from the side and claw their way up!
About the only chance you might have is if you were to encase the entire tree in plexiglass, maybe, just maybe, you might have a tree protected. Good luck!

Last edited:

NikkiA

Site Supporter
We have our christmas tree in a room with two sets of french doors. I look at it through the doors.

That is *somewhat* successful, depending on the day.

The tree's lights are controlled by a remote, and the tree is fake.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
We will be away this year so we will not put up a tree. The last two years we had a fake tree that was anchored to the ceiling and was decorated with unbreakable ornaments. Also, we only had the tree plugged in when we were home. We did not even trust timers. We also had Scattt cans in front of it - apparently to scare the crap out of the humans more than the cats.

If I can locate enough boxes, I will attempt to make a cat tree from boxes:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I actually know someone who hangs her tree and ornaments from the ceiling and it has worked - of course she has high ceilings.

I'm afraid I've missed the point of the Christmas Tree Defender - other than showing how to snap the pieces together, does it actually show how it works? As for the cardboard boxes - well, those boxes, not to mention that wrapping paper, would be shredded in a New York minute - by the dog and the cats!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I was totally confused too. I guess it snaps onto the base of the tree where the branches begin, to prevent them from going under and climbing up the trunk area. Doesn't at all account for the side entries haha.
Seriously, IF ONLY they would just climb up the trunk! It would have to have less impact than the side tackles.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
As for the cardboard boxes - well, those boxes, not to mention that wrapping paper, would be shredded in a New York minute - by the dog and the cats!
If I build this, the boxes will be for their entertainment and destruction! Not sure why that video called it cat-proof. Unless they foolishly think that giving the cats a tree will keep them away from the real thing. Yeah, no.