Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Clumsy!

ginamarie1221

Savannah Super Cat
Is clumsiness a phase all cats go through? My boy is 9 months and he can be quite clumsy at times. It's like his legs are all over the place!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
There's a few types of clumsiness in Savannahs I think...there's the kitten-ish "I'm concentrating on this one thing so not watching where I am going" and there's the "My legs are growing too fast and I can't control them" like a big breed puppy will be. There's also their clownish aspect where they seemingly do things just to make you laugh at them...

They don't usually grow out of any of it, LOL!

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Is clumsiness a phase all cats go through? My boy is 9 months and he can be quite clumsy at times. It's like his legs are all over the place!
Frequently, it's more than clumsiness. My boys would love to run and crash into anything while playing. Then they grew up and acquired the precision and agility cats are notable for. But they do get a bee in their bonnet and like to go crashing through the house every now and then. So, I would learn to tolerate it and enjoy!

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Yes! Kovu scares the snot out of me with this! He crashes, falls off things, jumps on things that then fall on him such as an entire shelf of towels, luckily not the shelf itself, misses with jumping on things like he forgets where his feet are, he is a mess! We are noticing he is getting more and more agile,jumping up with what looks like no effort. Maybe our next fear will be just how high he can jump.

Lesley

Site Supporter
Yes! Kovu scares the snot out of me with this! He crashes, falls off things, jumps on things that then fall on him such as an entire shelf of towels, luckily not the shelf itself, misses with jumping on things like he forgets where his feet are, he is a mess! We are noticing he is getting more and more agile,jumping up with what looks like no effort. Maybe our next fear will be just how high he can jump.

Spar has the same problem. He is 8 mos. He also intentionally crashes into things while running around the house. His clumsiness is complicated by his awkward growth spurt. Scares the crap out of us too/

cbain

Site Supporter
Our male SV cat will roll around at the top of the cat tree and sometimes falls off but he catches something on the way down to stop his fall, he's 18 months, still a lot of kitten in him.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Our male SV cat will roll around at the top of the cat tree and sometimes falls off but he catches something on the way down to stop his fall, he's 18 months, still a lot of kitten in him.

My Zeddie does that too...she is 1 year and 7 months

John Popp

Site Supporter
Chongo, a year and a half old now, was quite awkward when he was younger, and there was always a crash somewhere. He jumps to the tops of open doors, walks on curtain rods and now jumps and hangs from the tops of window frames. All of these things when he was younger were attempted with little success and the awkwardness of a gangly teenager. Monte at 6 months old has been much more reserved and although he tends to follow Chongo wherever he goes, he just thinks about things a lot longer before making attempts.

One thing for sure, Chongo in flight is a very beautiful thing to watch. He can have the whole world crashing in on him and in mid flight twist and contort to make something beautiful out of it. One of these days I will need to record some of it with a higher frame rate camera, but even to the eye he seems to defy gravity, weighting and unweighting parts of his body compressing and stretching out.