Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codename Nifty

John Popp

Site Supporter
Well it's been a long wait but we have decided on a new kitten. We've had a pre-birth contract since January, which was way ahead of schedule for our second SV in hopes that a new kitten would help Chongo with his recovery from a fractured hip. As it turned out Chongo needed all of 5 minutes to return to full health and a new kitten was looking to be 6 months early.

As a personality shopper we had a great deal of trouble finding the right kitten as before we could make up our mind someone else with a pre-birth contract would step in. It was a bit tough as what we were looking for wasn't going to be revealed in photos while others could more quickly make up their minds.

Anyway, introducing codename Nifty (his real name will come later, or perhaps it will stay Nifty). A melanistic male F3 and second born of a litter of 7. Hopefully he's up to the challenge of a spry household and finds a good buddy in Chongo. The 5am alarm clock has proven too much for Kebu, Pixie, Trish and I and we hopefully have found a kitten who also is an early riser to bleed off some of Chongo's energy.

He gets picked up sometime around Labor Day, so a few more weeks before he is home.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Paige, you know more than most my struggles to get this far with the breeders back up of contracts and the uncanny amount of females they had. We'll still look at the other kittens available while we are there just in case, but from appearances and tales this seems to be the one and we finalized our commitment. Just keep playing back in my head that Chongo wasn't at the top of the charts until I met him, and that boy has been on a tear ever since.

In that light, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing if codename Nifty was a little more reserved.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Paige, you know more than most my struggles to get this far with the breeders back up of contracts and the uncanny amount of females they had. We'll still look at the other kittens available while we are there just in case, but from appearances and tales this seems to be the one and we finalized our commitment. Just keep playing back in my head that Chongo wasn't at the top of the charts until I met him, and that boy has been on a tear ever since.

In that light, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing if codename Nifty was a little more reserved.

Yes, John, and I am glad that you are finally settling on Nifty as Chongo's buddy ;) It will be good for Chongo to have a playmate and I think will calm Chongo down a bit. I'm sure you made the right decision...

John Popp

Site Supporter
I'm not holding my hopes too high that a new kitten will calm Chongo down as much as I am simply hoping that they will be an avenue to scrub off some of his energy. Pixie and Kebu really like him for the first 5 minutes of their encounters but he doesn't understand when they've had enough. Kebu needs to thump him pretty good to get him to stop and Pixie seeks the refuge of Mom.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Chongo is going to calm down (a bit). Rascal did when Mayhem arrived. Now Mayhem is starting to back off and there are signs of sanity in the future. Damages are decreasing with time. They are learning to be very graceful in their chasing around.
That looks like a great addition and a good fit. The only challenge I can foresee is that very dark color. You won't see him at night. Chongo might not either. (But he should hear him.) So the crashing will continue for a while!