Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Commemorating your soul-kitty.

D

Dantes

Has anyone heard of these companies that turn your pets' ashes into crystals? Something like this: http://www.cremationsolutions.com/-Crystals-Made-from-The-Ashes-of-People-and-Pets-c148.html

Anyone had it done? Experiences, thoughts?

I admit that I have had my soul-kitty's ashes on display for about four years now. I'm feeling a little strange about it since it has been a few years, but could never bring myself to just "throw him away" and I don't want him to sit in a closet, unloved. I've had quite a few pets, and loved them all, but he was/is something special to me, and I just don't think I can ever really let him go. Something like this could be a good alternative?

simba (Small).jpg

admin

Paige
Staff member
Has anyone heard of these companies that turn your pets' ashes into crystals? Something like this: http://www.cremationsolutions.com/-Crystals-Made-from-The-Ashes-of-People-and-Pets-c148.html

Anyone had it done? Experiences, thoughts?

I admit that I have had my soul-kitty's ashes on display for about four years now. I'm feeling a little strange about it since it has been a few years, but could never bring myself to just "throw him away" and I don't want him to sit in a closet, unloved. I've had quite a few pets, and loved them all, but he was/is something special to me, and I just don't think I can ever really let him go. Something like this could be a good alternative?

View attachment 11119
That is pretty cool! I have had all my cats cremated and have their ashes...would love to do something like this!

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I've heard about companies such as Lifegem that turn cremains into diamonds (very expensive), but didn't know other options were available. Thanks for the link.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
My coworker has something like this done of her late wife. I believe she wears it as a necklace.

Last edited:
I had thought about one time getting one of those necklaces you can keep a tiny bit of the ashes in it but since I don't wear much jewelry felt what I got for my beloved dog Sage a much better plan for me. But could see this as a great idea for someone who does wear jewelry.

http://www.memorials.com/Pet-Urns/Miniature-Pincher-Cremation-Urn.php This is what I got for my beloved Sage. Just reminded me of her so much specially with the large upright ears. :)

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I think when the time comes (hopefully not for a veeeeeery long time) I will get the jewellery done, and wear it on the days when I miss my girls the most. I'm still holding out that Zeddie will be the savannah that finds eternal life, and Tia will live the longest of all African Greys

D

Dantes

I've heard about companies such as Lifegem that turn cremains into diamonds (very expensive), but didn't know other options were available. Thanks for the link.
This isn't cheap either (the cheapest I saw was $500), so I don't wanna be the one to go first lol I'll have to save my pennies, anyway.

Mantha Meow

Savannah Super Cat
I haven't lost a kitty yet thank goodness. However, I do have Charlotte's paw prints tattooed on my foot! She was my first baby and really MY first pet that was only mine as an adult. I love the conversations that get started when people see my tattoo and I love that I have a piece of her with me always! image.jpg

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well I can see where some might find this a bit morbid (wearing a dead animal around your neck) but I find it fascinating! I wish I'd known about it years ago.