Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Considering a second Savannah

mjenzarli

Savannah Child
Hello Everyone,

I currently have a F4 male Savannah that is 6 months old. I think he is the sweetest kitty in the world. I'm considering getting an F3 female Savannah who is 3 months old. Can anyone comment on whether they would recommend getting a second Savannah?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I doubt you'll find anyone here who would recommend against adding another SV as long as you have the time and energy to care for them and the financial means to support them. I have 4. The first 2 drove me crazy so I can plead insanity on the acquisition of the last 2 :).

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I think the addition of a second Savannah can definitely be a positive move, as long as you follow proper quarantine protocol when you bring her home, and introduce them slowly as always recommended once quarantine has been completed. Do you have any pics of the kitty you are considering?

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
You probably came to the worst place for that advice.:confused:
This forum is packed with savannah addicts (read enablers) who seriously need to form Savannahs Anonymous and complete a recovery program!:ROFLMAO:
Witchy has four. I have four. Boatloads of members have three. And the twofers are too numerous to count.
Why fight it, go for the second. As I say... you get your first for the spots, your second for the personality!

Last edited:

mjenzarli

Savannah Child
Thank you for all for the quick advice! I'm insanely in love with my Zee Zee. He's super outgoing, loving and has the best personality as I'm sure you all know He is the king of the house and I think my biggest concern is whether his behavior will change with another kitty wanting attention. I recently went through a divorce so I also do need to consider the extra financial impact. Here's a picture of the little girl I'm considering. IMG_9417.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Popp

Site Supporter
One is more difficult to deal with than two. There is at minimum a couple hours a day worth of energy you won't need to scrub off with two. Ownership becomes a little less of a participant sport and more of a spectator sport.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
One is more difficult to deal with than two.
Right about now, I'm calling BS! These two FNG's are knocking everything off the table tops and counters. There isn't a thing they can't turn into a toy. I saw them do a full throttle chest bump! And they always find a way under your feet.
Wouldn't miss it for the world!

Stephanie L

Savannah Super Cat
Right about now, I'm calling BS! These two FNG's are knocking everything off the table tops and counters. There isn't a thing they can't turn into a toy. I saw them do a full throttle chest bump! And they always find a way under your feet.
Wouldn't miss it for the world!

That made me laugh out loud, " a full throttle chest bump". The sad thing is I can believe it happened. :ROFLMAO:

Stephanie L

Savannah Super Cat
I am a "newbie" we adopted our first in April, and went back for a second. Now my husband is relentless about adopting a third, i say in due time. I have to agree with all of the above...they are very addictive, they do help to entertain each other BUT depending on how rambunctious they are you may need to glue things down.

Beautiful kitty, I say go for it!